Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poly or Lace Sides
07-29-2009, 10:09 AM,
Poly or Lace Sides
My HCM piece i'm currently wearing is PSB sides and lace front. looks great, feels great however for some reason SUPER thin density from my last cut in 2 thursdays ago, kind of odd considering it hasn't shed at all, I must have not realized it at the time until my buddy who put a bag on my head at work when we were joking had said 'man your hair is getting thin'. I thought it was referring to my side hair but he was looking down from on top.

Now the dilemma is...

I wanted to learn how to do hardbond on my own and i understand I cannot do that with lace. I have my TL Lace piece that I can have DiDi cut in and reduce density however I'm worried about the transition from PSB to All lace. I play a lot of active sports and all so I would be horrified if the piece ever just came off or got pulled off when that would never happen with hard-bond.

What are some of your experiences with all Lace and the hold from various tapes. School starts up in barely 3 weeks and I need something solid, super strong and secure for a week at a time. Something that won't just pull off or get knocked off when swimming, working out, playing football, kiteboarding, etc.
07-30-2009, 06:48 AM,
Re: Poly or Lace Sides
ANY unit lace or skin can be made to hold for a week or more with the methods out there. The issue is CLEAN UP... I like a quick turn around so I use less adhesive. Even so I can get a week easily out of a walker taped front and got to be glued ot Walker taped back and I do not tape the full perimeter... I only apply tape to the corners of the back and a small piece in the lower center None over the ears. I find less tape holds just as well.
I cut all the pieces in half lengthwise as well...No need for 1" wide tape.

I wear a full cap now and have have used a poly strip with SFS.....
Next order was ALL French...... I prefer the french over SFS because its hearty and just as "invisible"
Then I ordered 100% Thin skin.....used white glue on front and sides..tape on nape of neck

And now ordered all thinskin with french lace front and sides.....

I prefer the poly because the Got to be Glue is really a great attachment for those of use who itch at the neck.... I have found tape irritates the nape of my neck after a week or so.. but not the side or top! I use Walkers on the top and side with the lace units and
either clear scotch tape with a cut blue liner on top of it or Got to be Glued.

Full caps are getting pricey but they can last awhile as one does not have to sleep in them with the Got to be Glued attachment.

I will say the all thinskin I recently put on shedded badly in one area. I never had one shed this bad...makes me wary about ordering another but i like the skin......
07-31-2009, 04:14 AM,
Re: Poly or Lace Sides
I use Walker No Shine tape around the back, side and also a strip down the middle. I use Base Bond for the front. The tape is very solid and you won't have any problems with the strength for a week at a time.

I was just at a large waterpark and went on all of the huge slides with no issues at all.