Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to start wearing, please help & comment
04-08-2013, 01:12 PM,
Want to start wearing, please help & comment
I've been following this forum for a while now and finally have decided to start wearing hair.
I've been using dermatch for 2 years now, but I think it time now to improve my image.

This is how my hair looks
[Image: image_zps18e24c63.jpg]
[Image: image_zps2c1a1a11.jpg]
[Image: image_zps26f2c326.jpg]

This is me with the templete on.
[Image: image_zps82217eac.jpg]
What do you guys recomend?
[Image: image_zpsf0e84ec8.jpg]

I'm thinking of getting a French Lace with SFS Front (dont know if I want poly on sides/back)
My hair color is dark brown, so Im getting the color: 2 Chestnut brown
Medium wave
Medium heavy density

I want to achieve this: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcz6bb...o1_500.jpg
(a shorter version)
or this:
http://sorainbowboy.tumblr.com/post/3951...-by-ryan-e

Do I have to shave my hair in order to attach it?

What do you guys think? Am I on the right path?
04-08-2013, 04:25 PM,
RE: Want to start wearing, please help & comment
Yes you will have to shave your hair to get a good attachment. I would stick with medium density for your first order (believe me it's a lot of hair). I don't think poly sides are necessary, since the french lace is durable enough. Good luck.
04-09-2013, 12:30 AM,
Nice phone case!
04-10-2013, 03:04 AM,
You're on the right track.

I would make sure your template is going to be long enough to cover from the back to a little bit lower at the front of the hairline, you don't want to start out with a huge forehead, you can always trim a little off the back if it is too long.

And you're starting at the right time, I waited too long using DM, should have started wearing sooner like you're going to do.
04-10-2013, 08:25 AM,
youll never look back, do it! its amazing
04-10-2013, 01:15 PM,
I used dermatch for several years, which worked great (albeit a bit messy) and gave me time to research other options. It was when I first saw pictures of Mr. Burns (the poster child for this website) and read him explain that he did the attachments himself that I really started to look seriously at "wearing" hair. I have been wearing for over 3 years and have never regretted it. I have dark brown hair too and I am wearing a 70% (medium density) unit. I started out with poli sides but eventually switched to all lace. All lace has worked better for me (less detectable and much easier to clean tape residue off of).

I wish you well with this!

John
04-10-2013, 05:09 PM,
I agree with Snipe there..just slightly more forward---- just add a small bit of material to the template there... of course it could be just the position you`re holding the template onto your head there---the pic is a bit blurred so it`s hard to see the back area.....you`d be very surprised at the difference to the overall` look` created by the positioning of a system ---guys will tell you when they do their attachment sometimes, something doesn`t look right.....then a simple adjustment of the position by even as little as 1/4 of an inch can totally transform the look ...just have a check anyway and if you think you may need to add a little more material, it`s simple to do...but you may not need it at all---just slide the template forward and then have a look at the back to ensure you can`t see any large ` gap` [ bare scalp]...all the best !