Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facial Scrub (apricot) and tape-negative results
07-31-2009, 07:54 AM,
Facial Scrub (apricot) and tape-negative results
Ok, I've tested this 5 times in the last 12 months and this is fact:

You will not get tape to adhere to your melon if you use this product anywhere you melon will be coming in contact with tape.

This is when you use the scrub when the piece is off.

I've used 3 different apricot scrubs with the same results.
07-31-2009, 04:55 PM,
Re: Facial Scrub (apricot) and tape-negative results
I use Nivea for Men Energizing Face Scrub and I haven't had problems with tape sticking. But, I also rinse really well, the scrub has a tendency to not rinse really well. Plus, I always spritz some alcohol on my head before I apply for good measure. Different ingredients I wonder?
08-01-2009, 12:46 AM,
I use Clinique Facial Scrub for men. Rinses clean easily and leaves scalp feeling really clean and tingly. No problems with tapes, glues adhering afterwards.
08-03-2009, 02:58 AM,
I just don't use any type of facial wash or creams on the area where I will attach the piece. You can just wash scalp and upper forehead with shampoo instead.
08-03-2009, 06:33 AM,
I like to use a scrub to get the dead skin cells off. Since our scalps aren't exposed like people with hair, ours can build up. Which can get kind of nasty after a while. Especially if you do a long bond, it can get quite nasty.
08-04-2009, 12:55 AM,
Right mattdogg. After the scalp has been covered with glue for a week or two, it needs a good scrubbing. The scrub helps keep the scalp healthy and helps get rid of any stubborn bits of glue left behind during the initial cleaning.