Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wither Creme of Nature shampoo?
03-09-2013, 04:10 PM,
Wither Creme of Nature shampoo?
For years I've been using Creme of Nature shampoo-and-conditioner all-in-one, on the recommendation of John. It was dirt cheap, worked great, and sulfate-free. At some point since I originally purchased a stash, unfortunately, Creme of Nature changed their formulations. They are no longer sulfate-free and are not all-in-one.

I am not pleased!

I've tried Naked Naturals, which Xeon recommend a long time ago, but I'm not liking it at all. My hair ends up all dry and tangled.

Does anyone know if there is still some large secret stash of classic Creme of Nature somewhere available for purchase? Or is there some other all-in-one product that's just as good?

-Darius
03-09-2013, 04:37 PM,
RE: Wither Creme of Nature shampoo?
ahhh, you've gotten me out of retirement to answer this one.

Yes, it's been some years now since Creme of Nature is no longer sulfate-free.
Real morons running that company, because when they changed the formula and look,
they also disappeared from the shelves of mostly everywhere.

You can still get the all-in-one formulation though.
I get the 32 oz from Sally Beauty supply for 5.99 (insanely low price) and get free shipping
because I buy them 10 at a time (good for more than a year)

Seems like they changed the shampoo again recently though. Morons.
03-10-2013, 05:18 AM,
Ah, yes, I see now on sally.com that they sell a "detangling and conditioning" shampoo. I guess I ordered the wrong one!

You still like what they are selling, even though it isn't sulfate-free? One of the pluses of the sulfate-free all-in-one was that the conditioner in it did not seem to effect my glue bond, and when I try to use a separate conditioner, it usually seems to.

-Darius
03-14-2013, 02:11 PM,
Hmmm, I'm not convinced that there really is any all-in-one Creme of Nature shampoo anymore. I trundled off to Sally's to buy some of the "Conditioning and Detangling" formula, and they had it, but the instructions say to follow it with a conditioner. The old bottles, when it was still sulfate-free, specifically mentioned that no additional conditioner was necessary, since it was all-in-one.

And although I haven't yet used the new "De-tangling" formula, I have been using the new Creme of Nature shampoo for dry and color-treated hair, and it's definitely not all-in-one like it used to be.

Creme of Nature used to be so great! Damnitall!

-Darius