Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skin hairlines?
03-02-2013, 04:44 AM,
RE: Skin hairlines?
Ya I also want someone to clarify what makes V-looping look weird. Even in the other threads when I saw pics I didn't get a very good idea. I wear a comb forward/side swept style that has longish bangs in the front, would v-looping be problematic for this style? If yes, I'll try injected thin skin, if no, I'm probably gonna give the next generation a shot (or whatever they call it these days...haha). Thanks!

ps- you are probably wondering why I care about an invisible hairline if I have longish bangs that hide it anyway - I live in a super windy area and the hair gets blown straight back frequently, I've noticed with the lace unit this can reveal edges if I don't have a flawless attachment... so I'm doing whatever I can to get over stuff like that.
03-02-2013, 05:13 AM,
V-Looped thin skin:

[Image: hairline3.jpg]

Forward injected thin skin:

[Image: SA3051.JPG]

Flatback injected thin skin:

[Image: fgsgfgsdfg.jpg]
03-02-2013, 06:47 AM,
Hey Johnny....... They say 90% of your body heat escapes through the top of your head. Are the thin skins HOT ? Especially in the summer? Do You have to use a total bond with skins? Thanks
03-02-2013, 07:53 AM,
I recommend a full scalp glue bond if you want to wear skins. A perimeter-only bond will not be pleasant because you'll get heat and sweat build up as well as a scratchy paper sound any time you touch your head. A full scalp glue bond eliminates all of that.
03-02-2013, 08:22 AM,
Full bound , especially easy with G2BG products.
As I mentioned , sometimes tape down the middle for extra strength.
And sometimes Davlyn Black around the perimeter.
Oldwearer, I style my hair mostly back/pompadour , sometimes bangs, .....depends , but with freestyle venting, pretty much go with how you want to style.
Yeah, at times, depending like if ya running a marathon, skins can be a little hot. But for the most part , if ya not doing strenous activity, heat 99% of the time is not an issue.
Pretty quick and easy, if ya do build up moisture under there...to remove , jump in the shower and reattach.
For me personally, and I have said this many times....again for me personally......skins are a whole lot easier and without all the issues of lace ! But thats just me ! Smile
Oldwearer...I buy from all over when I come across a good deal !
I have bought from just about all on the net plus China ! As mentioned before, especially from one company, maybe 10 years or so ??? They are the best and most consistant in my case I have found ! Smile

Thanks,

johnny/abq/wearing 50 years !!

YEAH HAIRENOUGH.....that loop hairline does look weird , especially since the picture is enlarged !! I think that same looking pic was posted before by Xeon , but I think under normal magnification (sp ?)
I think things would look different ? What do you think ?

The flatback injected , that to me looks pretty good !
I may have to try one of those !

Thanks for posting the pictures !

johnny/ABQ/50 yrs !! OMG !! Smile
03-02-2013, 09:11 AM,
Ya those pictures help clarify more! So I guess any length of hair is still going to look a little "off" with v-loop? May have to go the injected route... Does toplace have an injected thin skin?
03-02-2013, 01:11 PM,
Here is how my 3 month old Ultra thin skin (V-looped) hairline looks. I don't think it looks weird. Not all thin skin units are created equal though it all depends on the supplier.

Attached Files Image(s)

03-02-2013, 03:56 PM,
Readytogo- no that is definately not what they look like haha
03-02-2013, 04:53 PM,
Thanks for the pic! I'm always happy when people post pics of thin skin, they seem to be a rare thing to come by! And that is more encouraging about the v-loop.... maybe v-loop isn't too bad if the hair is kept a little longer???
03-02-2013, 05:51 PM,
I think it looks even better on lighter shades and yes it's good for longer and semi exposed hairlines.Also you gotta go with a quality supplier, as I've seen some really awful looking V-looping from cheapo Chinese online sellers.

In my opinion thin skin is still far better option than lace. Easy cleanup/attachment, no knots to worry about, very natural scalp look, no grid pattern (visible under strong lighting), minimal shedding etc... If you go with a good company V-looped skin isn't a problem at all.