Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice for appropriate hair piece (photos)
02-13-2013, 01:25 PM,
Advice for appropriate hair piece (photos)
Hey Everyone,

I live in Australia,melbourne and I have recently decided that I need a hair piece to make my hair look awesome again.
My issue is that I have a high forehead(also cause temples have receeded) and I need to find the appropriate type of hairpiece so I can also spike it up. I think that the style would have to be short and I am not 100% sure about the thickness as I have slight temple hair loss.

I have attached here a couple of pics (left side, right side, front, front with wrinkly forehead(as I wanna seek advice on how much forward the hairpiece should come) pic of what my hair used to look like and a pic of what I want it to look like from the side). The pic with the thick awesome hairline was when I was 21. Now with the hair that I have I look like 31 :-(.

What I have in mind is:

1. I wanna achieve something close to that hairstyle without it becoming obvious that it is a hairpiece(so I might have to adjust it slowly)

2. Something that is close to the same curl that I had before(as my hair gets "afroey" when it grows and so its close to my natural curl....I also do not know the the type that I would have to choose.

3. How long will the hairpiece last as I sweat a lot and train all the time.

4. What are the chances of it coming off(I am paranoid that it will come off.

5. From what you see on my pics, what would be the best shape of hairpiece to get so it looks like its my hair on my head(it just has been improved)

This feels like a big move for me but all the threads that I have seen(actually all 140pages) show that the people that use toplace seem very happy. Hence, why I came here for advice and go forward with ordering one.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files Image(s)

02-13-2013, 01:31 PM,
RE: Advice for appropriate hair piece
Start lower density, like 55-60%.

Send in a hair sample for a good color match.

See if you can find a stylist in your area to work with, makes things a lot easier in the beginning.

Try to match your current hairline as closely as possible, then you can slowly improve it.

You'll have to grow out what you have a bit more and go a little longer on the piece to blend properly. You don't want that "line" where the system meets your real hair.

If you use a good strong tape, you'd have to seriously hurt yourself to take it off abruptly.
02-13-2013, 02:12 PM,
So should I fill up from the middle of the hairline kinda horizontally towards the side?
02-13-2013, 02:52 PM,
If it was me, I'd start out with something like this and gradually straighten the hairline with later pieces and orders.

Attached Files Image(s)

02-13-2013, 03:12 PM,
that seems like a good idea

What would be the best base to get tho
I sweat a lot and I also want it to last a while
02-13-2013, 03:29 PM,
My preference is Fine Swiss Lace.
This allows the head to breathe and be better around the temple area because the lace disappears.
I'd also recommend you start growing your hair longer.
It will make blending the hair easier.
02-13-2013, 03:39 PM,
how long would that last

What about the TL600 Exercise Base. :-S
02-13-2013, 03:54 PM,
I'm really not familiar with TopLace pieces.
Someone else will have to advise you on that.
How long any piece last varies from wearer to wearer.

Its not so much about the base as how you treat & maintain the hair.
Most people get at least 4 months, but many get twice that.

There is a pay-off between durability and detectability.
The stronger the base, usually the thicker the lace.
02-14-2013, 10:28 AM,
RE: Advice for appropriate hair piece (photos)
So which lace would be the best for sport :-S

Any more advice guys?

02-19-2013, 10:55 AM,
RE: Advice for appropriate hair piece (photos)
Hey guys,

What lace would be best to get.