Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French lace vs Swiss lace
08-03-2009, 04:21 AM,
French lace vs Swiss lace
Is it true that if you take two pieces with the same density, one swiss lace and the other French lace, the French lace one will look thicker?
Greetings
Paco
08-03-2009, 06:16 AM,
Re: French lace vs Swiss lace
paco71 Wrote:Is it true that if you take two pieces with the same density, one swiss lace and the other French lace, the French lace one will look thicker?
Greetings
Paco

I'm curious why in the world you would think that ?
Density is based on a certain number of hairs per square unit.

Smile
Fred
08-03-2009, 02:05 PM,
paco71 Wrote:Is it true that if you take two pieces with the same density, one swiss lace and the other French lace, the French lace one will look thicker?
Greetings
Paco

In my experience with 2 differnt companies yes its true...have no idea why?
08-03-2009, 03:34 PM,
nitrofish66 Wrote:
Greetings
Paco

In my experience with 2 differnt companies yes its true...have no idea why?

That would be true with two units with the same base also. It really has nothing to do with the base type, french vs SFS, but rather what the different companies use for a density guide.

Smile
Fred
08-04-2009, 02:21 AM,
My current supplier (I'm not a TL customer yet) tells me that Swiss lace can not take densities higher than medium light because the holes in the lace are bigger and so are there is less material to put the hair on. Though I order Swiss lace with medium density I always end up with a light medium piece. I was just wondering if this is correct because I see a lot of pictures of swiss lace on this forum with what seems to be nice medium density (Snipe for instance). For the style I'd like to achieve (comparable to Snipe) I really need medium density, so I now go with French lace but this style practically warrants Swiss lace.
08-04-2009, 02:27 AM,
FYI at my current supplier "medium" is represented by 130%, light medium by 115%. So I'm taking into consideration the labels "medium" etc and not the percentage because this last parameter may indeed differ from one company to another.