Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First cut in with thin skin (PICS)
02-05-2013, 09:13 PM,
RE: First cut in with thin skin (PICS)
s10jam,

Is the skin base larger than the hair on it so that it sticks past? Like lace units? Can you cut it?
02-06-2013, 12:07 AM,
Hairenough,

Which thin skin unit are you wearing? TL400, 700 or one from another company? Is your hair injected or V-looped?
02-06-2013, 02:44 AM,
Oldwearer - After everything I just wrote, I cannot believe you just asked me if I wear injected or V-Looped. This is surely a joke.

Skin can be cut, but use very sharp scissors.
02-06-2013, 02:54 AM,
Hairenough,

No joke and I buy what you wrote. I have been digging up other topics about the same and then got totally confused as some say different. My question was just to confirm. Maybe I am confusing all the names for all the different base units!!

You are wearing a .08-.1 (non TL unit) with injected hair. The 0.03 is too thin and can only take V-looped hair. The TL400 has injected hair but I don't know about the TL700? Sounds like it has V-looped hair.
02-06-2013, 04:37 AM,
Ah ok no problem. Yes that's what I'm wearing. I'm not sure about TL skin units as I've never tried them. I like TL's lace units but I'm loving skin now!
02-06-2013, 09:45 AM,
Oldwearer: Yes, the skin sticks out past the front hairline. Here is a pic of what it looks like in real life. I'm sure others are interested too. I know I was before I got one and couldn't find any pics of what it actually looked like.

In this pic, you can start to see the curl I've been talking about. The front edge wants to wrap under the unit no matter what I do. I'd hate to have to cut it off.

Attached Files Image(s)

02-06-2013, 10:20 AM,
S10jam I would trim the excess skin to closer to the hair.
I would also try not to cut in a perfect straight line.
This way, if you apply the glue to the skin, you will have no problems hiding the skin line.
02-06-2013, 10:41 AM,
Surely you HAVE to cut that off.
Even with the hair forward that would create quite an obvious line below the hairline.
02-06-2013, 11:35 AM,
i agree, it would be like leaving the over hang of swiss lace....perhaps that is why some find that there is a visible line with the thin skin?
02-06-2013, 05:02 PM,
Hairenough: Did your unit have this? If so, did you cut it off?