Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First cut in with thin skin (PICS)
02-01-2013, 09:03 AM,
RE: First cut in with thin skin (PICS)
With these injected thin skins can you pluck hairs to reduce density? Can you cut small partial pieces out of them?
02-01-2013, 09:08 AM,
msebas: It hasn't been long enough for me to tell. I secured it the first time with tape. I really want to do the got2b glued method, however haven't gotten it to adhere well yet. I'm still in the testing stage. Otherwise, it feels nice.

hersute: Thank you. It is actually a stock color and was impressed with how close it was. I haven't really tried with the hairline yet. The only complaint I have about it so for is that the hairline keeps curling up and is very hard to work with. I still need to practice.

Hairenough: I actually want a lower density and plan to thin the crown a bit more. I didn't want to jump straight from a very balding crown right into a flawless head of hair.

krd: I will try to get one on this thread.

From what I have seen so far, Hairenough is correct on all accounts. The realism of the scalp against lace can be compared to the image quality of Citizen Kane vs. Avatar. It is top notch. Another problem I had with my lace unit was the venting. My hair would always want to stand straight up no matter what I did. Once I get the bonding process down, I think I will be very happy.

stealth: I'm actually want to try that. I'll let you know.

hairenough: Do you apply knot sealer tot he underside of your skin base?
02-01-2013, 10:29 PM,
Hairenough,

Thanks for the very detailed reply. I am keen to try a thin skin unit but I am dead against glue. I wear a lace unit with pu around the perimeter on which I use the duo tac tape (it lasts three weeks at minimum) and change the front non shine tape every third day (takes 2 minutes). The tape all comes off leaving no mess and it takes around 10 minutes to retape and I am good for another few weeks.

I would like to hear if there are any thin skin users that use only tape and if their experiences are the same as yours. It really sounds like a great base and what you explained about the hair makes a lot of sense.

I don't expose my hairline and don't want to so tape is what I use. I also get a really strong and secure bond.

s10jam. Please let us know how you are experiencing this unit as you go along.
02-02-2013, 03:19 AM,
Oldwearer - If you plan to do only a perimeter bond with tape only I would not recommend a skin system. You might get trapped air and sweat build up and you will also get a paper scratching sound when you touch your head or style your hair. A full glue bond doesn't have those issues. I can never ever understand why most guys are so against a full head glue bond. It's the closest you can get to having your old hair back. I would never ever ever do a perimeter only attachment again. For so many reasons.

S10jam - Isn't knot sealer for knots? Injected Skin systems don't have knots.
02-02-2013, 08:00 AM,
hairenough: I understand how it sounds, but with skin system, it seems that the hairs are injected slightly through the skin, leaving a small tip protruding underneath. My thought process was to use knot sealer on the underside to help prevent shedding.
02-02-2013, 08:20 AM,
Wow, great replies! Hairenough what do you mean by having to maintain a flawless hairline? Sorry I have never worn before so this question my seem ridiculous, I truly dont know. Can you achieve a perfect undetectable hairline with a skin piece? What kinda maintenance is required to maintain a flawless hairline?

How often do you remove and reattach?
02-02-2013, 08:43 AM,
s10jam - Oh yes I see what you mean now. Yes, the hairs do poke through the skin base in some areas. I've been wearing my thin skin (not from Toplace) for about a month now and I've done about 4 attachments with no shedding so far. I'm wearing a 0.1mm thin skin. I have tried 0.03 before and it was much too thin and fragile for me and V-looping is the only option with that thickness and I absolutely hate V-looping tremendously. 0.08 - 0.1 is still incredibly thin but more durable. I hope to get about 3 or 4 months of use before shedding becomes a problem. I've never used knot sealer so I can't speak for that but I do understand your idea to seal in the little stubbles that poke through the underside to make them a little stronger.
02-02-2013, 08:45 AM,
hairenough: Exactly.
02-02-2013, 08:48 AM,
HairMysterio - If you wear a fully exposed hairline you will need to make more effort to keep the hairline stuck down well and to keep it looking clean and sharp. My hairline only stays perfect for about 4 days and I have never had any luck with doing a "hairline touch-up". There is not way to get all glue residue and oil off the hairline scalp and lace without doing a full debond and so hairline touch-ups are useless for me as the lace doesn't stick well afterwards. With my skin system this is not an issue anymore. It sticks well for a full week and is clean and not sticky. Also I brush the hair in such a way as to hide the hairline anyway.

Since switching to thin skin this is the happiest I've been with my hair and my ability to not let hair get in the way of life since I started wearing years ago Smile
02-02-2013, 08:59 AM,
Hairenough,

Why do you hate v-looping?

All the reasons you posted in favor of skin are the same reasons I decided long ago I would never buy lace. In particular, the issues with lace grid and knots were big for me.

I have not worked with any hair pieces yet as I think I can still use my existing hair a few months longer before I get a frontal partial and go from there.

When you tried the v-loop what did you dislike about it? Was it not as natural looking?

Also, how do you find the hairline with the injected when it is well bonded? I also comb my hair forward (have done so for 15 years now). But what about if there is wind, or you need temple flaps so there is more frontal hairline. Is it acceptable to look at?