Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ultra thinskin vs. lace FEEL.
01-11-2013, 01:52 AM,
ultra thinskin vs. lace FEEL.
I've seen the hairlines, but I would like to know how ultra-thinskin/0.03 skin feels on your head.

does it have the same heat problems regular thinskin/0.08 has?

does it feel like you are wearing something like regular thinskin/0.08, or does it feel like wearing a feather like all lace does.

does the unit break apart after 3 months, I have heard this might happen.

also some description about knotted, vs. injected vs. V-looped would be nice, can the 0.03 thinskin only be v-looped? and how it compared to lace as well.

how about bonding, do you have to do less bonding than you would lace if you use an all ultra-thin skin base.
01-11-2013, 10:02 AM,
RE: ultra thinskin vs. lace FEEL.
Hi fullcapwearer,
First of all I wouldn't recommend a ultra-thin skin--we're talking New Generation TL 700 here---for a full cap hair system. It's a great system for a topper unit but for a full cap it would be tricky to put on and probably a little warm. That's true for the TL 400 or PSB system too. Guys who wear the topper love them for the great hair line. And they're so light that you don't even notice you have a hair system on your head. The system is delicate so if you're in a hurry when you remove the system you have to be careful not to pull on the unit or it will tear. Handled properly it will last as long as lace. The TL 700 can only be V-loop knotted. The beauty of the New Generation unit is that it's so easy to attach and remove. Many wearers just use 'Got 2 Be Glued Spiking Glue' around the perimeter to bond for 4-6 days. It's not a long term hold but it's so easy to clean up--just rinse with water--that it only takes a few minutes. G2BG is water soluble. The New Generation unit is great stuff but for a full cap I would recommend either Super Fine Swiss lace or French lace.
Regards,
John
http://www.toplace.com
01-11-2013, 10:16 AM,
yes with full cap skin I noticed that is vacuums to my head without ANY attachment, this might be a special thing with the full cap, as there is no air to be found at the sides, it is all enclosed.

however it feels pretty bad, at least for full cap version, on 0.08 skin (I have not tried 0.03), this was through captain hair, and maybe their membrane is thicker, but it felt pretty bad.

this is why I would like to try 0.03 full cap version, to see if it feels as light as lace!

in regards to a topper, when you wear 0.08 vs 0.03 vs lace, does it all feel the same? you speak positively of 0.08 however my experiences have been less so.
02-05-2013, 10:49 PM,
I am a bit confused here John! In your post above you say the TL700 can only be V-loop knotted. I thought single hair gets injected into this system (thinner version of the TL400)?
02-05-2013, 11:28 PM,
I have only seen ultra-skin aka TL-700 V-looped in forum posts.

you can get regular thinskin V-looped as well.
02-05-2013, 11:48 PM,
fullcapwearer,

See s10jam's post about the cut-in of his first skin unit. There Hairenough talks about the reasons he prefers thin skin units, one is because the hair is injected. Go to TL's order page where all the bases are listed. The TL400's descriptions says the hair is individually injected.

Hence my question.
02-06-2013, 12:00 AM,
yes on the TL 400 it can be injected, or V-looped. the TL 700 is V-looped only.
02-06-2013, 02:10 PM,
Fullcapwearer, I am wondering if you can provide any further information about how your full skin cap felt.

I still have a few years before I have to worry about it, but I can tell already my pattern of hairloss will result in significant side/temple/sideburn recession, and when it gets to that point, I was planning on just going full cap (to avoid blending/flap issues).

I think full caps look really great in general. Since injected skin allows you to get a natural crown, and I wear my hair forward, aesthetically that seemed like the optimal end solution: full cap with injected skin.

But you say you have tried that and it felt bad. In what way?

I am usually a very cold person (lots of undershirts, very rare sweating). Even after 40 minutes of lifting weights at the gym, I almost never really perspire except my underarms. So if it's only the heat, I think that would probably be fine. I might enjoy a little more warmth.

Does it cause pressure on your head (like squeezing)? Or itch like crazy?

There aren't many people out there that have tried a full cap skin, so I'd appreciate hearing more about your experience.

Thanks.
02-06-2013, 03:41 PM,
yeah most reviews and opinions of people on wearing skin vs lace are ALL toppers, 99% of people are wearing topper, full cap is totally different.

I'd say it feels like I am wearing a helmet when wearing 0.08 skin, but the feeling goes away a lot less if it is skin base and lace front, but all skin is pretty bad feeling.

lace feels like I am wearing a large feather on my head, MUCH better.

im pretty sure lace is the best anyway, for top/crown appearance as well.