Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
curly hair
01-05-2013, 01:17 AM,
curly hair
Hi guys.

I am thinking about trying a curly system for my first custom order.

I have somewhat dark blond hair with a very light golden brown shade I think. Thats what it looks like to me at least.

I was thinking about these styles and was wondering it it's possible. I dont know if the maintaining would be too hard and get the hair to look good but I am willing to try.

Right now I would really like to achieve these looks:

http://uniseb.tumblr.com/post/12748250927

http://sorainbowboy.tumblr.com/post/3951...-by-ryan-e

http://flamingsun.tumblr.com/post/37714840769

Would this be possible? I am 20 years old. So I have the youth on my side luckily. I know the guys density is on the high scale, but I am not going to expose my hairline.

And what type of curl/move is it? At Hair Direct's waves and curl guide I think it's between D and E. More D maybe.

My sides are pretty dense so maybe it would work? I dont have that curly hair though. However if i cut my sides short like in the pictures I actually think it would work, since it's a topper I would go with.

My hair color is pretty similar to this guy: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wrongbuses/...1/sizes/l/
Mine might be a little darker though.

Would appeciate advice and opinions!

Happy new year!
01-05-2013, 03:57 AM,
RE: curly hair
Thanks man!

What styling products would be essential to use then?

And what kind of ventilation should I order?
01-06-2013, 04:42 AM,
Could others please chime in with which kind of ventilation I should order? Freestyle?
01-07-2013, 02:19 AM,
hmm what about flat back in the front and the rest freestyle? Since it might have to stand up ind the front?
01-07-2013, 06:43 AM,
Cool. Thanks for the advice!

What kind of styling products do you use? Something that will have a good hold with out leaving it too greasy Smile
01-08-2013, 12:17 AM,
When you order hair with a curl, a lot of the curl tends to be at the ends of the hair and either drops out or gets cut out if you wear the hair shorter.

A good idea is to ask for the curling rods to be used right at the base of the hair which will help give it the lift & volume for the style you want.

I've not ordered flat back before, but I have ordered freestyle with a 'front lift' and this means it ventilated upwards.
I really liked it because it was still versatile but kept its shape well too.

If I were you, I'd consider forward ventilation from the crown and lift at the front.
01-08-2013, 10:50 AM,
The forward ventilation from the Crown sounds like a really great idea! But I'm not syre about the front lift. How much did your front "lift up"? And would it look like the models hair in the pictures? Smile
01-08-2013, 02:27 PM,
Its not like it sticks straight up from the hairline.
With the length it is in the pictures, front lift would just give the front of the hair volume.
Otherwise it could just lay limp and you need a lot more product.
As I said, the front lift I had still allowed the hair to go anywhere I wanted, but if I did do a quiff at the front, it made it stay in that style for longer.
Converesly I could also wear it as a comb down fringe it I wanted, but a fringe with more 'life' and body.

Its up to you though. Go with your instinct if in doubt.
01-08-2013, 07:59 PM,
I appreciate the advice and I do think that it Sound great for achieving the style.

Soon I Will make a thread about template and specs. Stay tuned Smile
01-11-2013, 12:32 PM,
Hey Luke,

Please do keep us updated with this, I'll be taking the plunge this year and will be aiming for pretty much exactly the same styles you've referenced (mines that style now but thinning obviously!).

Seems to me like Hersute's suggestion makes perfect sense too.

Anyway, good luck with it and nice hair references!