Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some more recent photos
12-23-2012, 11:56 AM,
RE: Some more recent photos
Those photos are amazing - even if people do notice you're wearing; it doesn't matter as you look a million times better with hair than bald. You're quite the inspiration.
12-23-2012, 02:46 PM,
Mother of God! I would never suspect you of wearing in real life! awesome! I've been looking into Toplace for the future as I am receding and seeing pics like this def assures me.

You said you shampoo every 5/7 days, is that how often you also detach + attach?

Thanks for sharing! =)
12-23-2012, 05:16 PM,
I have no interest in wearing your hairstyle. However, how to you deal with the overlap of hairpiece hair over your thinner sides? How long is the hairpiece hair that overlaps your sides and do you find that a problem?

I wear my hair really short.. It's buzzed to a #2 the sides, and it's blended in by tapering it into the hairpiece hair, which prevents a big flap of hairpiece hair hanging on top of your real hair.

Looks good.. just wondering how you deal with the overlap.
12-24-2012, 01:44 PM,
I would like to know the longest you have made a hair system last, and the reasons why you throw one away (shedding, base material, hair quality fades etc.)

also do you remove the hairpiece to wash/shampoo it.

I'm not sure if this is standard, I just started doing it and noticed I hardly get any shedding if I dip the system into a basin on hot water + shampoo, when I rubbed shampoo into it while in the shower (like what you would do with natural hair) I got a lot of breakage/shedding.
12-27-2012, 10:44 AM,
good stuff mr burns
12-31-2012, 02:26 AM,
I remove it to wash 50%of the time. This tides me over so I can keep it clean and only need to remove once every two or three weeks.

I usually throw them away because the hair dries out. Base is never a problem, colour is never a problem really, shedding isn't a problem for me since I started ordering my units with higher densities. I used to have problems with shedding on lower density units but that was years ago. I got tired of looking like I was losing my hair again, so I gradually upped the densities!

But when the hair dries out, you are finished. Nearly natural helps slow down the process, but it will eventually happen, and when it does, no matter how you style the hair, it will look a bit strange. The only way around it is to add some blonde highlights to the piece, and this will magically freshen up the hair and buy you a few more months.

I once made a system last about 10 months. You can darken and recolour the hair easily. Just watch out for the dryness, which can-in severe cases-make it look a bit less natural, and harder to style.

As for the overlap, it isn't an issue at all once the hair is a little longer. But when I had shorter hair, I remember cutting the hair on the base using a thinning shears to make sure it blended exactly with my own hair. I also cut down the base of the unit so that there was no lace overhang and the lace ended exactly where my own hair began.
12-31-2012, 02:51 AM,
Ok thanks a bunch for this.

I have never experienced this "dried out" hair look, I remember seeing a photo on this forum of a 7 month old system and people said it looked good, he was showing how long it could last for.

so you would say, at the 10th month mark the hair just looks pretty bad in which you would have to re-order a new one at that point?

also would you say it dries out due to wearing it, so I could order 2 hair systems, wear 1 for 10 months, then the other one sits in a drawer for 10 months, then I throw out the first one, wear the 2nd one for 10 months and it lasts for 10 months and looks good?
12-31-2012, 06:30 AM,
Looks great. Do you tell everyone you wear?
12-31-2012, 06:41 AM,
The well known Mr. Burns Smile

Looks very very good! Great! Why don't you wear full caps?

Thx!

Greetings,
Andy
01-01-2013, 12:08 AM,
can you also give me an estimate on the average time you get a system to last for before the hair dries out, you mentioned you can get 10 months out of one, but implied that that is the maximum, would you say the average is more like 8 months per system?

this is greatly appreciated, I'm just trying to work out when I should be ordering another one.