Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realistic looking results
08-05-2009, 02:25 AM,
Realistic looking results
Hi
I am at the age of 58 thinking of wearing a hairpeice. What I would like to ask of you experienced wearers is:

Can you get realistic undetectable results that would pass close scrutiny?

Is the time and effort spent preparing and cleaning the peice worth it in terms
of boosted self confidence etc etc?

What are the down sides?

I look forward to your replies
08-05-2009, 03:59 AM,
Re: Realistic looking results
Hi,

Yes you can absolutely get results that will pass close scrutiny. The only catch is people who know you will most likely notice the change of course.

Is it worth it ? Depends on how satisifed you are with the results and how much of a boost you get in your self-confidence. This varies with each individual and his or her ability to adjust.

The first time out I would recommend going with a light density to minimize the "change" in your looks. Unless of course you have very thick side and back hair.

At Toplaces low prices, it's not a big gamble to give it a try.

And as you can see there are loads of people on here to help you out!

Post some pics so we can help you decide what specs to order. Or for more privacy, just email pics to BA or Debbie and they'll help you get started.

Regards,
Cliff
08-05-2009, 05:11 AM,
Hi Viper and welcome to Top Lace Forum.

To start with I'm 58 also so you're in familiar territory. To answer your questions here ya go

1st - If I couldnt do this right I wouldnt do it at all. It does take some skills , it takes some knowledge of the products and it does take some willingness on your part to do something new and bold. What is important to me is one thing only, that is how much better "I know" I look with hair as opposed to not having it. There is a stigma to wearing hair badly for good reasons , it doesnt improve anything. I don't care who knows I wear as long as I'm sure I'm doing everything possible to make it realistic to sight and touch.

2nd - the resources you have on this board are 2nd to none in the industry. Everyone on this board wears ( well except Debbie lol), some are new, some have been around a long time but the key is everyone here will try to answer any questions you have . Use everything here , read, read , read and than ask questions until you are satisfied. None of us can make the final decison for you.

3RD BA is a busy guy but he will always get back to you if you have a direct question for him or a concern.

4th by all means check other sites but from all my investigations and research , you'll not find better quality and prices than Top Lace

5th because I now cut and color my own hair I actually spend less than I did getting it cut and colored every month professionally. This is the truth I swear it.

This is something I do when I want to make physical changes. I run it by women not men. Reason is that no species on earth spend more time and money on improving their looks then they do. They are the ultimate professionals by nature. They will always tell you the truth and they are far more willing to tryuand accept change than men. Ask a few women friends what they think, they will be honest with you. trust them not the guys. lol
08-05-2009, 12:32 PM,
Excellent post Bill!
08-05-2009, 03:11 PM,
bill when you say you color your own hair now, do you mean the hairpiece, your real hair, or both? Either way, how do you order your pieces - blonde?

I'm just getting into coloring and could use some tips.
08-06-2009, 05:18 AM,
Hi NG,

I color my own hair only. I'm 58 but went gray about 10 years ago. I've been having my hair colored professionally all this time until I started wearing.(btw I hated being gray far more than I hated being bald. lol) When I first started wearing I bought a stock piece that was light brown and a custom that was medium brown. Well I got the stock piece first and thought why not just color my hair to match it. The hairdresser I had in NYC was Didi and she did a great job of matching but it was a load trying to keep the colors matching all the time. It lasted about 6 months and than I went to the natural color for me of Medium brown with blonde highlights. I can use Just For Men hair color and it matches the piece so well its virtually undectable( if you try JFM read the instructions carefully because the amount of time you leave the hair dye in will determine the darkness to a great extent). I have never colored a hair piece or had the need to do it so far. I have read about people having fading issues but to date thats not been an issue for me. The right person to talk to about any styling or coloring is Debbie, anything she ever writes here , just write it down cause sooner or later you're gonna find it valuable.
08-06-2009, 08:31 PM,
Do hairpieces look authentic? Unequivocally.

Will it boost your self-confidence? That's contingent on who you are.

Personally, I worry about people who think their lives are going to change as a result of having hair as they're the insecure ones.