Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is another problem I have (pic)
12-12-2012, 07:29 AM,
RE: This is another problem I have (pic)
Well first of all thankyou all so much. I honestly could not go through this without forum support. It's excellent. Hersute if I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'd love to buy you a pint. Top bloke!

Right the positives.

It's not irritating me to wear in the slightest!
The texture and colour match is exquisite.
It is already not looking so big after wearing my cap.
The hair line is in the right position.
I can wear it under my cap to transition and show a bit of hair to people.

The negs

I don't think I like wearing just a frontal. There is a noticeable ridge where the thin skin joins my normal hair and I hate the feel of it and it shows a bulge. My head shape does not need any more ridges and bumps than it already has. I perhaps should have gone all lace and/or removed all the hair and replaced the lot with lace. This is providing I can find a glue that works better than this stuff.

It's too thick. Far too thick compared to my remaining hair. I can't see any scalp through it at all and I don't like that!

The lace is visible when I look in the mirror with hairline exposed.

The lace is already lifting up at the front and the back.

The glue is not strong enough. I can peel this thing off without the releasing stuff.

I don't like the feel of the thin skin. It feels lumpy/ spongy. Quite honestly I hate it.

There is absolutely no temple recession. There needs to be some, if only a little.

The hair line is too dense. Pics don't do it justice. It is very thick and looks just a tad fake. Not awful but not perfect.

My thinking is that I need to feel perfectly comfortable in this because, well I just do but also because people stare at me a lot anyway and I don't need to be worrying whether it's the wig or the craniosynostosis lol. This one may be difficult and possibly a deal breaker.

The way I am leaning is such. Be fake, be totally fake. Screw messing around with matching and concealers for this that an t'other, just get a 3/4 cap thats good quality and cover the entire area. Impossible to tear off, unlike this partial and be done with it. The hair is going to go anyway sooner or later and I may as well stop spending money on minox etc and replace the whole top and the back bit if I can.

The reason I flipped out earlier is because in honesty she did the 2 mirrors thing and even with all this hair it's no magic wand and doesn't change my head shape. In my mind it made it look worse cos it just raised the height of the frontal part of my head which is exactly what I didn't want.

Anyway these are my current thoughts, please feel free to criticise and once again, thankyou kindly for all you constructive feedback. You are all ace!

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is another problem I have (pic) - forestboy - 12-12-2012, 07:29 AM