Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is another problem I have (pic)
12-08-2012, 06:47 AM,
RE: This is another problem I have (pic)
Look on the bright side man.. At least you have a solid chance that your thinning could be something other than MPB.. I was going to say have you been to a good derm? your baldness doesn't look typical of MPB.. especially with your other symptoms. You might have a treatable skin condition or something.

I tried topik and I never liked it. I found it messy and didn't work that great for me. I guess for sensitive skin I don't think dermmatch would bother you much. Its like a makeup powder sort of thing, and I think it says that it doesn't dry or do anything to your skin. Double check to be sure.. But it felt really light and non drying when I used it. Its easy to apply and for me went on easier.. plus you can put on a light coat if you want. This works great for me in areas like the temple points or hairline etc. Its easier to control the coverage with dermmatch with a little practice.

When it comes to blending issues.. If you get a larger system.. you still need to blend in the piece hair with your own hair.. and hair systems got thicker more dense type of hair. My guess is that you will find it harder to blend in with your more sparse natural hair. Unless you cover all your thinning areas completely. Than you need a big system or something like a full cap.. And honestly.. I still believe you have too much of your own hair to go that route. Just my opinion.. You do what ends up working best for you..

I think you are doing the right thing.. I would also get dermmatch and try some other concealers if you are unhappy with toppik as I was. Try dermmatch and even prothik. Prothik might cause drying.. not sure.. its an aerosol spray.

Just don't stress.. get it in your head that you WILL have a solution one way or the other.. But you are just trying the logical things out first to solve it. You could always get a larger hair system. But I think trying the combo of the right type of concealer for the back and a partial for the front or even try dermmatch for the front hairline... Is the logical choice. Just be patient and if you are unhappy the first time.. keep trying. you need to get a partial that fits your hairline correctly with the right density etc.

I don't mean to keep writing a book here.. but I went through the same thing as you. I wore a front partial and used concealers for the rest of my head for awhile before I moved to a regular topper system. I reached a point where I was too bald to use concealers on top. But even when I had very thin hair they worked very well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is another problem I have (pic) - Xeon005 - 12-08-2012, 06:47 AM