Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is another problem I have (pic)
12-22-2012, 10:32 AM,
RE: This is another problem I have (pic)
There is always a way out! but hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Good Luck
12-23-2012, 05:25 AM,
Well got a letter from parcel force today saying that I had an oversees parcel being held cos I've got to pay the customs charge. Paid it immediately but the date for delivery is 27th. Shit! So I opted to pick up parcel myself on Monday which seems to have been ok'd cos my customs payment cleared immediately.

Soooo, apart from screwing up the cut, the attachement, having the wrong density, colour etc etc etc is there any chance that I'm gonna turn up on Monday and not be able to pick up the parcel. My worry is that the note dropped was not for a parcel but for customs charge so when I went through the process of arranging to pick up my parcel in person I just gave and address as I did not have a parcel number per se, I had a reference number for the customs invoice.

Anyhow, should I manage to pick the damn thing up I have minimal gear to sort this out. What I have is....

Clippers, grades
Robocut
Glue
Lace release
Nair hair remover
thinning scissors and hair dressing scissors (good ones)
2 mirrors
a quiet, solitary environment to work

What I can get on Monday is craft knife and possibly got2bglued if I can get it in ASDA

What else could I possibly need that I can get on the high street?

I thrive on this shit!!!!!

Cheers
12-23-2012, 06:12 AM,
I can't believe you got clobbered by customs! That is bad luck. Mine came through with no problems.

Ok, lets say you collect it on Monday and get started.
I'm around all day waiting for stock delivery.
So, if necessary you can contact me at every dab of glue & snip of hair.
We'll go through it stage by stage.

Your list looks pretty comprehensive and you have enough to get you through.
I don't know whether to suggest a box of hair dye that is one shade darker than your own natural hair.
My fear is that if your piece is slightly the wrong shade, the rest is pointless.
If you have some dye, you can cover the lot so its all one colour.
A semi permanent that covers grey would be your best bet.
Also, if you have a fan handy, that can help, just in case you get in to panic mode!

Between now & Monday you need to make your template and get that sorted.
Once you have the right shape, you'll be able to cut the piece and get started.

I'll PM you my mobile number and rather like an airplane disaster movie, I'll be ground control and you'll be the passenger attempting to land the plane!
Lets hope this one has a happy ending & together we avoid the crash & burn!

PS. TWEEZERS!
Add that to your list too.
12-23-2012, 10:46 PM,
Okay peeps

List of what I have-

Scissors/ Thinners
Clippers/ Grades
Robocut
White glue
Releaser
Mirrors
Bucket
Nair hair removal cream
Rucksac for everything

What I'm gonna get-

Artist paint brush
Make up pencil
Tweezers
Cling film
Marker pen
Selotape
Craft Knife
Tooth picks
Got2B glued

What I'm not sure about-

How to wash the piece first time

Mild shampoo?
Normal conditioner?

I normally use apple cidar vinagar diluted down to rinse my hair as there is no better conditioner on the planet.

Will this work for a hair piece or damage it?
Do I soak the piece or wash it on my head?
Should I get a leave in conditioner? Where could I but one?

Right I'm off to do a bit of last minute Christmas shopping and buy some things and make my template!

Cheers
12-24-2012, 05:17 AM,
Hey Forest,

Hope it goes well. Do you still have the partial left as well or did you toss that out? I know you weren't keen on it, but is it maybe a good option to have as a backup for your meetup with pals?

I've never tried cutting it, but there is some top advice and tips on here from folk and I hope it works out for you for your Christmas eve drinks. I too am heading out to meet some friends and this will be my first time I've seen many of them (seen a few with my piece on) but not them all, but I'm sure it'll be fine and by the time you slug the 5th pitcher - then it might well be forgotten.

All the best with it tomorrow.
12-25-2012, 08:33 AM,
Total disaster!

Piece was far too DARK for starters and then I screwed up the cutting around the template a little and then screwed up the styling. Not that it would have made any difference if I hadn't cos as I said the colour was too dark anyway.

Something about it was not right as well. Not sure what, just didn't sit right on my head. It could have been in my imagination but I felt that even if it was styled right it wouldn't have worked.

I'm gonna give it one last shot but I'm not hopeful!

I've made my excuses an given my ticket away. I'm in for the new year!
01-16-2015, 03:33 AM,
Hi Guys I'm the OP Forestboy but couldn't sign in again or retrieve a password so set up a new account.

2 years later and attempt 2. I'm ordering a partial that I've made a template for. Not sure I can mention from where but regardless, I will be trying again.

Just an inch of hair to run along the hair line.

that weird thinning at the back,,,, I managed to get rid of it with dermarolling and daktacort. It's still ever so slightly there but not noticeable under normal conditions and probably gonna fully disappear eventually anyway thank god.

Wish me luck and once again, thank you all for your help back then. It didn't work out, but not through lack of support from this amazing site.

Cheers