Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As you get older.......
11-27-2012, 10:46 PM,
As you get older.......
I was just wondering if people think about their future wearing?

For example are you planning to change the style?, thin the piece?, add grey? etc...

At the moment I use a very small piece that sits infront of my hairline to lower it and to give me a better look, its only around an inch across and a couple of cm's depth.

I noticed today that with a little concealer I can achieve pretty much a look of no hairloss without the piece, this would however mean cutting my hair really short at the sides and back but it would give me much more of a cooler look.

But atm I can achieve a really thick head of hair by growing my hair and using this small hairline piece.

As I'm only in my latter 30's most people my age wont have had hairloss so my thick head of hair is ok, I have to say over recent years my hairloss seems to have slowed a lot so I hope that continues and my options remain open.

I'm really only asking about wearing not whether you might have transplants or the fact their maybe a cure.

thanks.
11-28-2012, 06:35 AM,
RE: As you get older.......
No I will probably keep a juvenile hairline.

NW14Life
11-28-2012, 08:34 AM,
how old are you fullcapwearer?
11-28-2012, 10:57 AM,
26 years old.
11-28-2012, 12:14 PM,
I'm 28 years old and I too at times have thought about wearing in the future. I don't dwell on it much though because I think it's more important to focus on the now rather than what may or may not be ahead.

With that said though, I always figured I would stop wearing altogether at some point when I'm much older. No specific time/age, just some point where I say screw it and stop wearing. For me at least, half my friends and family know I wear. I told them at some point and all of them have been cool with it. In fact, they have been so accustomed with me wearing, they (as well as I) have forgotten that I wear in the first place. So if that day ever comes when I decide not to wear anymore, it'll be a surprise to hardly anyone (anyone that matters anyway).

But as I said earlier, I don't worry about that too much. I'm happy wearing now and that is what's important. Those are future concerns. I'll let future me worry about that!
11-28-2012, 12:34 PM,
You've got balls. I am not telling anyone unless they absolutely have to know. I'm 34 btw. Nearly 35
11-30-2012, 02:08 PM,
Hi,
Im an older guy,who only has been wearing for about 4 years.I wear a piece low density,some recession, with truck loads of grey in it.This really adds to a realistic look,as most people don't associate a piece with lots of grey hair in it.This is a dead giveaway,on older guys who sport the high density,dark colour piece.
For you younger guys i would slowly drop density,add grey,and recession as you get older,this is what i would do if i was younger and getting into wearing.Also your friends/family will see your hair changing as you get older,this adds to a more undetectable look.

Regards Topcat.
12-01-2012, 05:26 AM,
I can see myself not wearing when I am in my 40s or 50s, but then again maybe I will or maybe my NW3 will stay NW3 and I'll be happy with it at that age. I'll cross that bridge when it comes.

Live for the moment and decide bit by bit what to do. At the moment, I wear two partials at the hairline but use a little batch of concealer at the crown. Maybe I'll need to switch soon to a piece as my hair could get thinner.

I'd say just keep your eye on your hair and step by step make the adjustments that are manageable for yourself, wallet and what makes you happy.
12-01-2012, 06:42 AM,
You younger guys will be surprised how much you still care about how you look when you get a little older (40+). You'll also be surprised how fast it comes so don't blink... LOL
12-01-2012, 06:45 AM,
yeah I'm noticing that myself. 35 in 4 months, seems like only a short while ago I was 18. I feel no different really either, and yes, I still damn well care about my appearance lol