Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head mold kit
11-29-2012, 05:24 PM,
RE: Head mold kit
It wouldn't work that way. The stuff it much too stiff to just spread over your bald area. You don't need to cover your whole head, just get it over your bald area and an inch or two beyond. It will stiffen up fast as you are working it over your head. It's not like runny plastic, it's going to be about the consistency of modelling clay until it starts to harden. You only have a few minutes.
12-19-2012, 09:52 AM,
What I do is go on Ebay and buy the shrinking plastic for baskets. You can get 50 of them for $10 if you shop. These are great because they are round on the closed end. I then cut out a section for my face, put on the plastic and hit with the hair drier. I then cut the excess off around the ears then start drawing where I wan the hair to be. Take it off and cut on the lines. Real simple and cheap enough to experiment.

Here's a link: http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=12.5...mwholesale
12-19-2012, 12:49 PM,
Yes, in fact it gave me the best full cap fit yet. It would tear long before giving up it's shape.
12-19-2012, 01:24 PM,
If there's any weak spots you can still add some tape. Also you will need to trim it before putting it on your head. See picture which kind of show what I mean. I'm sure you will ruin a few before you get the correct shape for your head.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-20-2012, 05:56 AM,
very interesting thanks for the tip. So your saying it kind of conforms to your head when you heat it? would this be good for making a template with a partial or topper piece?
12-22-2012, 01:05 PM,
Yes, it sucks right to your head, it does get a little hot but it works great. It will work for either a full head or topper just fine. Just position the rounded part of the bag on the crown.
12-25-2012, 09:21 AM,
Watched the video about this plastic. Why can't you just take tiny pieces of the stuff and carefully mold it to the exact shape of your bald area one bit at a time while moistening it to prevent from hardening until you're finished with the entire thing, for a partial area?

The shrink wrap basically sounds like the regular way to make templates, minus the tape? Never made a template myself but the tape is what looks the most difficult about the whole process
12-25-2012, 06:25 PM,
Yes minus the tape. The only real good reason to use it is it's very cheap, very quick and it fits tighter on the head then plastic and tape. This is how I got a better fit, it wasn't loose on the head when your done.
12-26-2012, 12:08 PM,
My worry is the rest of my hair on top even if I gel it back hard will bulge underneath the wrap interfering with the frontal part that I need to fit from completely hugging the skin?
12-29-2012, 06:31 AM,
What about this for an idea guys: Make a regular template using the tape method and then spray on layers of varnish until you have a much more rigid template to send to the factory?
In my opinion the shrink wrap plastic is much too thin. I don't see how you can make a strong solid mould from that stuff.