Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hair transplants and micro pigmentation.
11-15-2012, 10:31 AM,
hair transplants and micro pigmentation.
You know. Just throwing up a random topic up on here, hope nobody minds. I am just thinking about something. I seen two procedures with varying results. some great, some crappy.. but I always wondered if anyone combined these two procedures into one treatment.. We all know hair transplants is a gamble and theres not enough density to give you back a full head of hair etc.. And there is another procedure some people are happy with called hair micro pigmentation, or more simply, scalp tattooing. They basically try to emulate hairs growing from your scalp like stubble so you can get a buzzed or skin head type look. But they also can do this type of procedure as sort of a permanent hair concealer etc.. Similar to the use of something like dermmatch.

I guess I am curious why there aren't any people, or at least ones i have heard about, that combine these two procedures together. getting a hair transplant and the scalp tattooing together to give the transplants a thicker look and appearance. I think it might have some potential. Surely this is out of my budget and I am happy with hair systems, but still curious how something like that would turn out.
11-15-2012, 12:42 PM,
RE: hair transplants and micro pigmentation.
How permanent is scalp tattooing?
If it fades (like normal tattoos do) it would be difficult to work around the implants and have it redone.
Certainly one of the downfalls of transplants is its 'see-thru' appearance and tattooing could help, but only if the hairstyling was kept short & flat to the head.

This company offers the combination:
http://chicagopermanentcosmetics.com/Hai...lant.shtml
They say " Combination of the two procedures creates significantly enhanced appearance of hair density that can not be achieved by hair transplant alone and is particularly useful in cases when the number of follicles available for transplantation is limited."

Here is another company offering the combo:
http://www.vincihairclinic.com/scalppigm...epair.html

Here is a video of a transplant being used to disguise a scalp tattoo.
You can see the ink has turned blue.
http://youtu.be/RCNV5J83F7Y

and this one:
http://youtu.be/e-m9GcBAve4

The follow-up videos are here:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...g7QtyGMfvI

Here is someone who has blogged about having the both procedures:
http://fue-hairtransplant.blogspot.co.uk...micro.html

Talking of scalp tattoos, these are 2 of my all-time faves:

Attached Files Image(s)

11-15-2012, 10:11 PM,
hersute the tatoo turned blue because it wasn't the special ink that a good company use...i suggest you to look at his hair clinic site...they have a forum with lot of discussions..most of the guys are telling that is the best thing they ever did in a long long time for their life.

on a side note, I guess this combo can work great for a buzz cut of course...I remember me when I was wearing concelears with short hair...damn it looks so full and so good even though my hair was thinning...
11-16-2012, 06:26 AM,
@hairsute.. Thanks for the links.. That video of the after results looks pretty damn good actually. The transplants seem to work rather well with the transplants in that case.

@hairenough-

Oh wow, had no idea anyone got that done here. Did you get your whole head done? Now your head is blue? I thought they use an ink that is supposed to last a very long time. I don't know, I always had mixed feelings about it. I have read that forum and seen a lot of people happy with it, but no one long term from what I remember..

My idea would be to use the hair tattooing as more of a coverup than to simulate hair stubble. So with someone with brown hair, they would need a brown pigment.. not grey. etc. Maybe that would be a disaster.. I just know from my own experience.. I had such little sparse hair, but if i combed it forward and used prothick, it looked like i had pretty thick hair. I figured a perm concealer would make transplants look much thicker or something.

the funny thing.. the pictures i like the most on the his hair clinic site was guys who were more light skinned. one guy who was really bald it ended up looking great. But like you said who knows how long it lasts.. I wouldn't want a buzzed style anyway.. my head is the wrong shape for that shit
11-16-2012, 06:32 AM,
I always think pictures dont tell the whole story if you were serious about it I would try and meet with people who have had it done.
11-16-2012, 10:32 AM,
Hersute, that company from the first link is 2 blocks from my house! Never noticed it.
11-17-2012, 02:08 AM,
Winstonage, now every time you go past it, you'll notice the guys in hats, coming & going!

@ andrei_eremenko

This picture from His Hair Clinic would put me off.
Whoever thought this was a reasonable hairline???

Attached Files Image(s)

11-17-2012, 03:26 AM,
is that the hairline who would you put you off? because the hairline is the choice of the guy...however you should check the video of this guy...in my opinion it looks good except the hairline shape...I am planning to have this done in future with a natural looking hairline, I wasn't too lucky with the hair systems I got...it looks impossible for some vendors to match my own hair color...and I would get paranoid for sure wearing a system that has not perfectly match color...maybe I am unlucky...also I don't even know how to make the piece lighter or how to color my hair in oderd to match the piece color...there are lots of inconveniences in wearing so that's why I will choose this micropigmentation over systems in future

also if you wanted to be fair enough you should have been posted this guy picture too...in my opinion the look and the treatment is flawless

remember it's just the preference of the guy!

Attached Files Image(s)

11-17-2012, 05:06 AM,
andrei_eremenko,
Just to be clear, I have NOTHING against scalp tattooing in principle.
In my opinion, no-one should have agreed to give the guy in my picture a hairline like that.
There seems to be many cases of guys having other treatments to correct similar non-natural tattooed hairlines.

The picture you posted does look good and it confirmed what I thought looking at the site and exactly what Hairenough said, and thats it seems to work better on darker skins.
Hairenough also confirmed my other reservation which was that they can fade and alter colour over time.

Re the problems you've had re hair pieces and colour matching.
Did you buy a stock piece or have a custom one made?
11-17-2012, 06:52 AM,
I checked out that site a few months ago.. his hair clinic, and read what people had to say.. A lot of times it wasn't so easy.. You don't just go in and get a treatment and never have to worry about it again. Sometimes it took people 5 sessions or more over long periods of time to get a look that worked. I heard a lot of people who seemed to be struggling with it. It isn't as cut and dry as it seems.

And I think there is a lot of factors. One huge factor people complained about is bright lighting situations.. Your scalp reflects light and it starts looking weird. I think the more hair you have to work with the better it can look... the less hair you have,, the more tricky.. and the more skilled the technician has to be.

I have seen some light skinned people look actually very good in some pictures..and vice versa.. So I am not sure if I agree with that fully.. But lets say your case is ideal.. You go in and are very happy. Even at that best case scenario.. now what. You have a tattoo on your head.. and now your stuck with a skin head look forever. People are going to say hey why don't you grow out your hair. Not everyone looks good with a buzzed cut like that. It doesn't suit everyone. And than when you get older and your hair turns white..than what?

I also read removing the treatment isn't easy at all. you risk scabbing and scarring up your head and very painful. So for my personal opinion. I think the treatment can work for some people but not everyone. I wouldn't go for a very thick look because people are gonna be like uh why is this guy a skin head for years. You gotta look at it long-term.. cause that is what a tattoo is. For me personally.. this treatment would be more of a coverup if I had my own hair, than re-creating a hair style with ink. and if you have really no hair of your own to work with, it is a 2d representation of something 3d. Your going to have to sport a look like you just shaved your head with a wet razor. Its going to be a very faint grey.. that has even more problems with bright light.. Essentially your going to look bald. so honestly.. Is it really worth the money and pain to look bald.. with a slight tinge or natural looking or unnatural looking grey hue... I think if you can get away with that kind of style.. why not just shave ur head and go for the bald look.

When you aren't happy with a hair system.. You can take it off your head and not wear it. When you get a tattoo and not happy with it.. your going to go for more and more sessions.. and if it still doesn't work you will have to endure the removal process.. Its more risk and more pain. i'll stick with hair systems.