Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final adjustments to new Fullcap-- pics
11-21-2012, 08:26 AM,
RE: Final adjustments to new Fullcap-- pics
that looks good, I think I just have never had the sides cut so low in before, mostly due to being afraid that I wont have a very good side hairline.

at least I know with these pictures it's possible to get a good side hairline and I can use them and show it to my cut in person next week.

I really would love to get the sides to have hair coming out of them like you have. like picture number 4 5 of your new post.

picture number 6 of your 1st post shows it the best.

you remove nightly, well I guess that is a good idea, my experience with ORWG is when you use it you sort of have to wait until the hold is gone, by a good few days. before removing.

so you put ORWG on top of the tape as well for extra hold?

and do this for the front area including the front sides, because as I said my fear is women touching your hair and the side material lifting off, perhaps it's safer to have thicker/fuller hair at the sides with no side hairline so when girl touches side hair it's more hair and less material if you get me.

but if you can get it to work well that is great.
11-21-2012, 08:49 AM,
No, I don`t put glue on top of tape.... when I said ` combination` I meant tape on one area and glue on the other i.e. front and side-flaps glued, and from just behind the ears, around the nape, tape. Not everyone can remove a fullcap nightly, for practical reasons...... I`m lucky that way-- I have time in the mornings to re-attach it..... but I only use a single layer of glue and 3 short strips of tape .... if I needed to leave it in place longer, I`d use several layers of glue and apply tapes all the way along the perimeter ..possibly even use a long strip of tape from front-to-back across the crown for ` extra` hold across the top of the head.... you could just ask John to have the factory reproduce the density on the flaps/sides that they gave me, if you think it would work for you... I deliberately made the template to come ` down` in front of the ears.....I wanted to factor-in for the possibility of eventual lace shrinkage....this happened a system I had before.....it`s not as noticeable on a [relatively] smaller Topper, but with a Fullcap, especially there in front of the ears, if the flaps are a little short to begin with, any shrinkage will be very noticeable.

Few more pics added to show you the shape of the flaps.
p.s. the yellow object in the last pic is simply a clothes-peg holding the front of the system [lace] up off the glue while it cures.

Attached Files Image(s)

11-21-2012, 09:19 AM,
that's amazing, thanks a lot.

if its possible I would love to see you brush back the sides even more to show some more transitional hairlines at the side, if you can and more in fcous.

but if it it's ok, may new system is arriving soon, so I'll keep a hold of these pics as example of side hairlines.

I've always wanted them, let's hope I can replicate it.

I'll post some pics of my system, I GET NOTHING LIKE THIS ON IT.

it;s pretty bad what I get, but its medium-heavy density, and its swiss lace, but it must be what the factory does for the sides of the full caps, the sides hairline just isn't like the top hairline, it's not transitional.

basically my side hairline looks like a lego man front hairline.

[Image: 343mee1.jpg]

as you can see it's like a lego man, now I have told the factory to try to do a transitional hairline at the sides, so I can have a brushed back gelled back hairstyle for this next order, my fear is, even if it works out, it's a bad idea because as I said girls might touch my hair at the sides and the material comes out.

I would like your thoughts on what is wrong with this hair system, density? non transitional hairline etc.
11-21-2012, 09:32 AM,
I`ll try to get some tomorrow in daylight.....my camera and camera-skills are not great though.... no matter what way I change the resolution setting etc., but I`ll back-brush the hair and hopefully you can see better........ if your supplier is not providing what you need / require, maybe it`s time to try a different one ? The UK-company you mentioned------ I have had negative experiences with them in the past when I ordered supplies...... not delivered --they blamed the post for losing them. I finally got the products..... some time later I re-ordered, and again, non-delivery--this time I lodged a claim with Paypal and was refunded...never ever again will I order there.
11-21-2012, 09:36 AM,
yeah they just made the wrong colour for me again, they gave me blonde, so they are re-doing it in light brown, they also never seem to bleach the knots.

but they are- so far- the only UK supplier that offer full cap for £350. and I can pay at the end when they are finished, not up front which I like, so at least the price is right.

but the wait time it about 4 months per system, in fact this one was 5 months due to the wrong colour been sent.

how long does it take TopLace's factory to get a hairpiece to your door assuming standard non rush time.
11-21-2012, 10:09 AM,
Ok, I just did a currency conversion on the figure you gave : 350.00 GBP = 557.366 USD
so even allowing for delivery, you`re talking about actually slightly cheaper from John....you can have direct-delivery from the factory to yourself if you ask him for it...FedEx is the courier company. Bear in mind though that you may possibly have to pay an import [VAT] tax with goods coming into the European union from ` outside` .... it`s usually not huge though [possibly 20£ or so ] A Toplace Fullcap is in or around 480$ but John can give you a definite price.
Time-scale on my recent delivery---- there were 2 Chinese holidays in`` the way`` so it delayed things..... but John received my Template on Sept. 5th ... it was sent to China soon after..... I had the system delivered directly to me on October 31st !! I was really pleased with that.
Hard to tell from the picture...looks like it`s too dense and very ` straight` .... it needs to be more graduated similar to how they graduate the front of the systems..... for the price you`re paying and the delivery times you are enduring, I think it`s deffo time to have a ` think` .
I`ll do a few [hopefully] clear pics tomorrow.....cheers.
11-21-2012, 10:54 AM,
ok yeah I wasn't bothered about the price, I realise it is the same.

I was just comparing captain hair to the rip off big salons that charge £1500 a system.

I realise that captain hair, TopLace etc. are the best prices out there, and are similar.

ok so your looking at maybe 6 weeks in total assuming the factory has your template, well with captain hair it is a good 16 weeks!

yeah I think it's that it is non graduated, because the front line ie good, they must just not do full caps very well.

what's really weird is TopLace have a great price for toppers, but full cap it a lot more, captain hair don't charge that much more for a full cap, but it works out the same as TopLaces Full Cap, how strange.
11-21-2012, 03:38 PM,
Hi
Nice job on the full cap Paul,very realistic and undetectable.

I currently wear a topper, as on the weekends, i remove my unit and wear a baseball cap,to give my skin a break from tapes.If i had a shaved head for full cap,when i took the unit off,even with a baseball cap,you would see i was bald around the sides/back,then i would be wearing hair a few days later,so it gives the game away.

But with my thinning sides/back hair i may have to go to full cap,and wear 7 days a week.Its great to see results are being achieved,like Paul above.

Regards topcat
11-21-2012, 11:34 PM,
Yet more pics guys--hope these show the way the flaps don`t have a ` wall` of hair.... I took these in relatively strong sunlight --sun was shining in the back door but it was helpful as you can see how light the density is..... I have swept the hair ` back` as much as possible so you can make out the lace-edge..... It isn`t visible in wear.
Topcat----- You could easily take a break from tapes/ glues maybe at the weekends if/when wearing a fullcap...de-bond on friday night and leave it off overnight..then simply use ` Got2b` for an all-over bond for the next 2 days..... just a suggestion.

----------------------------------------------

Attached Files Image(s)

11-22-2012, 02:02 AM,
perfect pictures thanks a lot !