Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stained thinskin, any way to remove
08-07-2009, 06:45 PM,
Stained thinskin, any way to remove
Hi All, I had a stock blonde thinskin unit stained a darker brown and the stylist put the dye mix all over the base and everywhere, we didn't think it'd stain the base cuz we put some dye on an extra piece of the stock I cut and it seemed to rub right off, so we went ahead and dyed my whole piece on my head. I thought that, unlike lace, the thinskin would not take the pigment. It didn't seem bad when I left the salon, but now when I look at it it is clearly purple at the base. Any tips to remove some of the stain? My stylist said that to not do that would be to have a blonde layer which would look weird. btw, my stylist isn't used to working with hairpieces. thx
08-08-2009, 01:59 AM,
Re: Stained thinskin, any way to remove
this sucks
08-08-2009, 08:36 AM,
I honestly don't know how to remove it, if its on the underside of the base, you could try bleaching it out with 40 vol. peroxide developer???? ANY base will stain if you get dark hair color on it. i can't imagine that a hair replacement stylist didn't know this. This has been talked about on this forum for years......when coloring ANY hairpiece, you must apply the colorant to a comb and comb it through the hair in small sections....even this way, some color is apt to leak down and get on the base...so you must be very careful.
I'm sorry this happened to you.
DebbieS.
08-09-2009, 09:01 AM,
I've had that happen before. Its going to fade a little bit, but you will still have the color on the base.