Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easier to maintain hairsystems
10-21-2012, 07:47 AM,
Easier to maintain hairsystems
Hey guys, I am at the point right now where I am looking for a combo that is easiest to maintain as far as attachment and removal. I just wanted to know your guys opinions on something.

I am thinking of two options. One is to stick with lace, but create a front hairline that matches tape contours. So if I don't want to expose too much hairline I can just use tapes.. If i want to show hairline, I can just use glue at the front center.. The sides of the hairlines going towards my temples I still can use tape there. I don't wear my hair straight back.

The second option for me is a weird one. lace base so I can use tapes, but a skin front. The new skin. I would use cream glue for the hairline.

So my question to you guys is, What do you think would look better, lace with tape, or the new skin with glue. and which do you think would be easier to remove. I probably would use orwg for both. Is there some kind of really easy way to get cream glue off the new skin? Do you soak cotton balls on it or something?

regards
11-07-2012, 06:04 AM,
RE: Easier to maintain hairsystems
Awesome thanks for the advice rofl. I mean maybe this topic is uninteresting to some people, or retarded. But I swear this forum really has changed from a few years ago. We only have like a handful of people who even respond now a days. This place used to have like 100 people posting and replying to threads everyday. What happened here>?
11-07-2012, 09:07 AM,
Must be the fact people are bored and uninterested with churning out the same help and advice day in day out...or is that just me?! Regards

Edit* I think really that several years ago decent wigs and info were hard to come by, hence everyone got involved in every post/convo to gain or gift knowledge. Nowadays every topic and scenario has been covered to death in multiple forums and boards so why should people keep repeating themselves when the info is already out there on the net?
That pretty much answers the general question of why forums aren't so lively, as for your original post Xeon005, I guess people either don't have an opinion or don't have enough experience with the specs you're asking about. My reasons the latter btw lol. Regards

p.s If no one has the knowledge of these specs perhaps you can be a pioneer and order, then post your experiences so others can gain an insight Smile
11-08-2012, 06:59 AM,
Matt,

I been on this forum since it originated. With that kind of mentality we could have just stayed with monofilent bases. I remember people like you saying the same things in early 2000's. Yet since than many new materials ideas and innovations have come through. I am still learning things till this day from people. Wearing systems have come a long way, but its not perfect. We still can learn from each other and improve.. or at least try to. Otherwise what is the point of a forum anyway.
The very thin skin pieces are relatively new, and not too many people even have them. I know what I am doing. I been doing things myself for years. I cut my own systems in, style them, attach, maintain dye. Doesn't mean I quit on looking for ways to improve my situation or make life easier. Just the other week someone recommended using hair perm solutions to change the hair direction on the base. Or using nair hair remover to remove density from the piece. Simple ideas that could come in handy. Paul in Ireland goes out of his way to help people on here and answer everyone's questions. I guess you should stop Paul. Everything that needs to be said has been said.. Hair systems are perfect. Lets close down shop right now.
11-08-2012, 07:29 AM,
Calm down lol. Check the response to your post...it's just me, right? I'm sure if Paul (God bless 'im) knew stuff he'd have chimed in cos he's a diamond...hence my explanation, see?!
I wish I hadn't bothered writing on this post now, like the whole of the community didn't.
Regards
11-08-2012, 10:53 AM,
Matt has a point in that you're asking for an opinion on something no-one has tried yet.
The actual pro/cons on lace & skin are well documented, so that doesn't need rehashing.
But no-one has the experience to advise you on the combos you're suggesting.

The new ultra thin skins have a limited density.
Is this lower density suitable for you?
Also, the limited density is because of the skin's delicacy.
Do you even know if it can be combined with another material, especially as the lower density may make the join more visible?

Re your perceived demise of this forum, you're probably right as forums are now the dinosaurs of social media.
11-08-2012, 10:59 AM,
I have a new skin base, and it's really really good. I haven't found another hp that looks as realistic.
I am ordering another soon, and I will order the new skin base with a french lace front.
The reason for the lace front is because I had a terrible time trying to remove the glue from my last piece. I also like being able to attach my hairline with tape, the rest of the piece I will use gtbg spray.
11-08-2012, 10:48 PM,
Hi,
how do you find the new skin base in terms of durability? The photos I've seen have been very impressive.
11-09-2012, 02:09 AM,
Hello Xeon, yes it is true that there are less responses to posts than there used to be. However the number of people surfing the site is still high. I do not respond to many post because many of the posts are just duplicates and Matt is correct people will not respond to a post that has been asked 100 times. I did a search on bases and the same question has been asked under
1. Which Base is Best
2. Is lace better than skin
3. Which bas do you prefer
$. Can Toplace do this
4. Can I purchase a combo lace.
5. Has Anyone tried the new thins skin

I personalyy surf more than one site and I see that the same post is asked on all 4 major sites. I do not have a problem with this but just answering the question why people do not reply anymore. I am in no way saying one should not post but a simple check on the search engine of the forum will usually answer 95% of anyone questions.
11-09-2012, 07:11 AM,
Thanks Ibealot. that was the kind of response I was looking for. Appreciate it. What kind of glue are you using or have used on the skin? Have you tried ORWG? I find that comes off easier on my skin pieces. Just wipes off.

So like I said, Lets just close down the forum. 95 percent of everything is already there and searchable. No need to even talk anymore. And sorry that I was trying to get some life back into this forum again. you know, Say what you will about BA.. Perhaps hes a bad person, a crook, a scoundrel. Better off gone.. one thing i will give him credit for. He knew how to keep the interest in the forum going. Hair systems aren't rocket science. I am sure within the first year of this forum all the basics were probably covered in detail. But it really remained very interactive and strong for years. Thats one thing I will give him credit for.