Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easier to maintain hairsystems
11-09-2012, 10:48 AM,
RE: Easier to maintain hairsystems
x, if orwg works that well, I will never go back to lace. The new skin pieces are so realistic it's scary. My main issue, like I said, was using glue at the hairline the clean up sucked. That is why I was going to switch to a lace front.
I'm going to grab some orwg, and give it a try. If it works bye bye lace!! Thanks for the tip.
11-10-2012, 06:31 AM,
Ibetalot.

See thats the thing.. The point of this thread.. So many people say skin is easier bla bla. but it really depends. Tape residue and glue really loves to stick to the skin and is a pain to take off. But when I use ORWG.. It usually comes off pretty easily. I put alcohol on it and let it soak in for a bit.. And than i take a cloth, and rub it off. Perhaps even using some tape might work well, I haven't tried that yet.. like after the glue loosens up maybe u can use tape to pick up the residue. but usually the cloth for me works well. I keep rubbing it in one direction. Usually forward off the skin. I comb the hairs back at the front hairline before I remove that way the glue doesn't go into the hairs too much.. but even if it does should come right off.

That being said to me the easiest removal would be tape on lace.. most tapes I have tried don't leave any residue at all like stick it tape or super tape etc.. But than the question becomes.. Does lace with tape look as good as skin with glue? Which one is the better idea.. To me ORWG is easier to take off skin than lace, but tape is easier to use and take off on lace, and perhaps even some glues work better on lace. So its a trade off. That was the main point of this thread. to get peoples opinions who deal with both methods.

I might get a lace base so I can use tapes.. and a skin front so I can use orwg. Kind of a weird combo that I don't think many people really do. But its one combo I have not tried yet. I think this would maintain comfort, and be easy to apply and remove.
11-13-2012, 12:07 AM,
I think John is the only one who could answer the question of 'is it possible to combine skin and lace' and I'm interested in this too. The one thing that bothers me about lace is the view from the crown (grid pattern) -- if we could get a skin top and lace down the sides and back, that would keep us full cap wearers cool(er) and improve the look.

So what I want to know from John is - is it possible? and at what price would it be if it is possible?
11-13-2012, 06:12 AM,
Id be curious too about the price. I can tell you that i have mixed lace and skin pieces so I know its possible. I have a skin base with lace front. a skin perimeter with lace center.. and i wanna get a skin front and lace base. So i can't see why its impossible to do.

One of the concerns.. If you have a low density.. You might be able to see the transition between lace and skin. ull see a color difference or something. Usually for me this is not that much of a concern. I have a system thats low density and i can see a slight color difference where the materials are joined. but its nothing anyone is going to notice. I notice because I am looking for it