Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Affleck (pics)
01-14-2013, 11:15 AM,
RE: Ben Affleck (pics)
What most people are missing is that if you had access to the money he has and also the contacts to the wig makers who provide for films etc..
Then if he did wear is it not safe to assume that his custom pieces are going to be of a higher quality than what we can receive?
There are probably a dozen more 'celebrities' out there who wear and we will never know either way?
Our only chance of emulating that quality on a budget is continually pushing the boundaries and trying to keep it as real as possible.
To be honest, where we are today with hair systems is not a million miles off track!
01-15-2013, 02:08 AM,
Are you sure, I would very much doubt a HT clinic would give that kind of information out.
01-15-2013, 11:09 AM,
He must have had some amount of donor hair? judging by how high a density his hair was at the golden globe awards!
01-15-2013, 12:11 PM,
Ben looked good at the Globes!

Attached Files Image(s)

01-15-2013, 10:48 PM,
Looks great HT's have come a long way I'd be surprised if many celebs will go down the wig route anymore.
01-16-2013, 04:48 AM,
I'm sorry but tertiary rumors about someone hearing from someone, that someone had a hair transplant, doesnt prove jack. More likey true is that no one knows the truth about this guys hair other than himself.
01-16-2013, 06:18 AM,
I agree, I just doubt someone would risk their job telling someone, thats not to say it didnt happen though.
01-16-2013, 07:24 AM,
I totally agree... I've have experience with ht clinics and I can't see them giving out that info. The surgeon I used did tell me of a couple of celebs that he worked on but that was only because the procedure wasn't a secret for the client.

As far as Affleck goes, there is no way that what you are looking at are ht's. The density is way to high, you just can't achieve that density with ht's no matter what your donor area is like and that's a fact.

The only theory that I could buy into as far as ht's with Ben is that his hairline is transplanted and he is wearing behind. Other than that he is either wearing or all of this is nonsense and he has a natural head of hair.
01-17-2013, 02:40 AM,
I'd be amazed with patient confidentiality that it would be discussed with regular folks, obviously the dr and people within the surgery will know and they will be told not to say anything but thats not to say they do. The pic clearly shows a real hairline...maybe he wears behind it maybe he dosent. maybe he's never worn...who knows...thats why most of these celeb pots are pointless as only the celeb really knows.

I disagree about hairlines cant look that good after HT's...they can....times have moved on and the skill is pretty amazing, thats why 99% of people who want to do something about their hairloss will be going for HT's...I sometimes think I should do the same, but I just think what i do now is much easier and the risks, the money, the travel, all the explaining it would involve or secrecy dependant on how you go about it stops me trying......I guess its whatever you are happiest doing.

Sometimes I wish hairpieces were the only option, that would make me feel better...in a weird way...lol, as theres always that little doubt in my mind of what if..
01-17-2013, 03:43 AM,
Standbyme, I know what you mean about thinking there's always another option/alternative.
But I came at it from the opposite angle.

Wearing a wig was the last thing I wanted to ever have to do.
So I tried everything else first and then wound up wearing because the others were worse options.
At that point, it felt like I had no choice. I had to wear a wig. It made me investigate & try them, but it felt equivalent to treating the symptom and not finding a cure.
I resented my lack of choice and there being no other viable solution.
I still hope for a cure, but I know for me HTs wasn't/isn't it.
I thought I was now resigned to wearing, but I was surprised how excited I got when I heard cloning was coming on the scene.
I think I prefer living in hope.