Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Full Cap Photos
08-21-2009, 07:06 PM,
Re: Some Full Cap Photos
I love the mop look... I had to do my own hair cut recently when the mobile hairdresser flaked on me. I ended up with the surfey look which I think looked quite good lol...
08-22-2009, 09:15 AM,
Heater!!! Gotta say I am a Pendles fan myself dude Tongue
Going to the game this weekend?

Love the pics too man, there are definitely inspiring. I'm on the edge of taking the step to wearing (long time reader, first time poster), and like you I'd love a long, mop style like this which I think a full cap seems to be the best for, so thanks for the informative post. I'm right near your age as well which is funny.

How come you guys say he needs a cut in btw? I thought a cut in was primarily for toppers, and they needed to be cut in to match the side hair? I think this looks awesome just like this, you can do a bunch of styles with it no problem, looks awesome.

Is it detectable at all Dale? Both being young (not saying it isn't bad for all ages) but I'm pretty paranoid about being caught out, I'd hate to be sitting at Uni and have someone behind me point out they could see the lace or the hair didn't look real... And how does it feel? Do you think you'd notice running your hands through it?
One last thing, how long should you expect a cap like this to last guys?

Thanks a lot, great to be posting here guys.
08-22-2009, 10:23 AM,
Wildcat Wrote:Heater!!! Gotta say I am a Pendles fan myself dude Tongue

Love the pics too man, there are definitely inspiring. I'm on the edge of taking the step to wearing (long time reader, first time poster), and like you I'd love a long, mop style like this which I think a full cap seems to be the best for, so thanks for the informative post. I'm right near your age as well which is funny.

How come you guys say he needs a cut in btw? I thought a cut in was primarily for toppers, and they needed to be cut in to match the side hair? I think this looks awesome just like this, you can do a bunch of styles with it no problem, looks awesome.

Is it detectable at all Dale? Both being young (not saying it isn't bad for all ages) but I'm pretty paranoid about being caught out, I'd hate to be sitting at Uni and have someone behind me point out they could see the lace or the hair didn't look real... And how does it feel? Do you think you'd notice running your hands through it?

Basically what happens is when they arrive mate the hair is all one length so thats why they have to be cut in and styled.
08-24-2009, 08:45 AM,
BA707 Wrote:
Wildcat Wrote:Heater!!! Gotta say I am a Pendles fan myself dude Tongue

Basically what happens is when they arrive mate the hair is all one length so thats why they have to be cut in and styled.

Ah okay, so this one is a pre-cut in then? It stills looks fine in my opinion!

So how long could you expect to get out of a cap like this BA? Taking in to account I would probably apply some hair styling products occasionally.
Also how often would you have to shave down the back/sides so it could stay attached? I see this is a reason a lot of people don't really like full caps, but they seem more realistic to me. I don't really like how toppers don't have temple points, it looks a bit funny sometimes, I like how the full cap doesn't have this problem.
08-24-2009, 11:17 AM,
It will depend on how you take care of it, But with occasional hair adds full caps can last a long time.

I do have some Stretch French Lace base full caps in-stock, With the stretch lace the cap will fit all sizes and these can obviously be sent out right away.

I will post a photo of the stretch French Lace tomorrow, It is just like normal French Lace but it is stretchable.
08-24-2009, 02:48 PM,
Is DaLE wearing an all-lace full-cap or is it the PSB thinskin?

I want a fullcap that's not hot, well-ventilated and doesn't need adhesives.
08-25-2009, 04:05 PM,
Wildcat Wrote:I see this is a reason a lot of people don't really like full caps, but they seem more realistic to me. I don't really like how toppers don't have temple points, it looks a bit funny sometimes, I like how the full cap doesn't have this problem.

Keep in mind that the ventilation on the temple areas are a weak point, as we speak anyway. If your are going with a longer style this isn't an issue, but if you are cutting it shorter than an inch or so just remember that you will most likely have some hairs pointing in various directions. I get around this by styling accordingly, but I doubt you could pull a short style off without using some styling product with full caps the way they are currently being made.

I spoke with John about this in the past. Hopefully in the near future the factories will play catch up and train their ventilators to tie the temples with as much care as they do the hairline. Just keep in mind that you might have to be open to playing around with the style to compensate for some ventilation issues.

P.S.- Despite the few drawbacks, I still feel like full caps are the way to go for a lot of people. I still get a ton of emails from guys who are interested in going this route, and I think it's going to be the next best thing in hair replacement. I just like to be realistic about things and let everyone know that the "perfect" solution doesn't exist, although we are getting closer every day Smile
08-25-2009, 07:09 PM,
BostonKid Wrote:Is DaLE wearing an all-lace full-cap or is it the PSB thinskin?

I want a fullcap that's not hot, well-ventilated and doesn't need adhesives.

french lace mate
08-25-2009, 07:11 PM,
also just to clarify.. i received this piece with the hair at 6 inches long and has been cut down to about 4inch i'd say with styling product added (wax works)
08-25-2009, 07:18 PM,
The only thing im really worried about with this full cap when i take the plunge, is attachment and getting it on without glue everywhere and without big kinks in the lace!!!