Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Thinskin (Pics)
11-14-2012, 09:26 AM,
RE: New Thinskin (Pics)
I have tried the ultra glued version.. in fact that is what I use currently in place of the spiking glue. I mix it with the freeze spray and apply it. In terms of hold, it is as good as the spiking glue (perhaps even marginally better). I prefer it over the spiking glue since it is transparent and not white colored like the spiking glue.
11-14-2012, 03:07 PM,
any special techniques or instructions? Thin layer? thick layer.. do you wait till it dries and gets sticky before you put it on. or do you put it on right away like the freeze spray.. Do you find it working better with lace/skin both?

on a side note.. I remember someone on here saying they mix a few drops of glue into the got2b glued mix to get a better hold.. I think it was basebond.
11-15-2012, 06:32 AM,
Thin layer, and yes, I wait for a few minutes for it get sticky before attaching. I have tried it with both lace and skin and find that it works well.. about 3 days hold with minor touch ups

What I struggle though with is the cleaning of the lace, irrespective of which got2b product I use. The gel/glue appears to get lodged in the tiny holes of the lace and just do not come out in spite of scrubbing. Any tips to solve this would be of great help!
11-15-2012, 07:22 AM,
hmm.. I never really have this problem.. it usually dissolves for me once i get a good lather going of shampoo.. When I did have that problem, i would shampoo it.. and as im running a strong stream of warm water on the base, i would take a wash cloth and gently rub it against those areas in a circular motion at the same time the water is pouring over it.. And that would take it off.. Circular light rubbing of a wash cloth and the warm water.
11-20-2012, 09:01 PM,
connor,

Could one use tape to attach this unit, using a comb forward style?
11-21-2012, 11:39 PM,
Question for you guys that use got2b? Johnny says in beginning thread he spreads on lace (rubber cement). Does anybody spread the spiking glue on the lace/skin units themselves or do you just spread on scalp or both? I have recently started using the spiking glue and find it much easier to attach and get an almost perfect fit than I do with tapes the only downside I have experienced is a bit of lifting right away in certain spots (sides,back) and front lifts a bit but absolutely no irritation/rash that I get from tapes and regular glues so would appreciate any additional attaching tips you guys that use can give. Thanks.

Few last quick questions. How often do you guys shave head? My hair grows kinda quick (sparse, not enough for a full head of hair, lol). Do you guys find that could interfere with attachment, do you shave each attachment?
11-22-2012, 07:54 PM,
I still have quite a bit of thick hair and it grows fast.I have to shave every 5-7 days to get a good/tight bond.
11-28-2012, 07:46 PM,
So let me get this straight. You guys with with thinskin units(which I'm under the impression is different from an island unit) simpy use this product directly on your scalp for attachment?
[Image: 744912.jpg]
11-29-2012, 06:44 AM,
A lot of people who use skin also like the freeze spray.. But yes I would say that spiking glue and the freeze spray are the most common ones.

Johnny has a skin system,, I don't recommend applying either to Lace directly. But on skin you can if you want. If your attach skin with spiking glue, make sure it dries enough.. the trick to minizmize lifting is to make sure all of it is stick first before u apply. With lace.. theres air ventilation so it can dry on its own through the lace, but with skin it might be harder to dry if you put it on too quickly.

I got a solid base attachment but both products suck for me at the front hairline.
11-29-2012, 05:32 PM,
I use a combo of spiking glue/freezing spary with my thin skin unit.Seems to work slightly better than either one alone.