Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Thinskin (Pics)
10-29-2012, 06:14 AM,
RE: New Thinskin (Pics)
Just water hmm. I can see how that would work if the fit was right.. I couldn't really do that because my systems are on the bigger side with temple flaps etc. Its great that you can get away with it though. They did a good job fitting it to your head perfect.
Pretty interesting man. That must a really nice feeling ... granted its secure.... to just take it off whenever you want with no residue or mess to worry about.
11-09-2012, 04:08 PM,
Yes, for normal everyday use, just a spritz of water and it's on pretty tight. Unless I'm planning on boating, or watersports, I use the "spritz" the majority of the time.

Just got my second one cut in and it's a little shorter, so, as the hair grows out, I'll put the other one on and it will look like growing hair. Then, when I get it cut again, go back to the shorter unit. Also just placed an order for another of these new thinskins.
11-10-2012, 06:43 AM,
Cool. This sounds pretty ideal lol. Wish I could get away with something like this.

I think the style you have works well with skin. IM not sure tho how skin would work with something like a flatback kind of style. Id be curious to see how skin handles those type of styles.
11-10-2012, 11:54 AM,
I got my first ultra thin skin unit (not a TL system) last week,been wearing it for 4 days now and loving it.It's so thin and light I can't even feel it on my head.Attachment and cleanup is a breeze..I don't think i'll be going back to lace any time soon.
11-10-2012, 05:50 PM,
When you say attachment and cleanup is a breeze,, What are you using to attach the system? Just curious. And you don't find a problem with ripples?
11-11-2012, 08:30 AM,
No ripples at all...the thing basically molds to the shape of your head and for 3 day attachment u don't really need anything more than 2 coats of got2b glued (one to the head and another to the base). I like to mix got2b glued gel with a bit of the freezing spray in a small cup/bowl then apply using a craft brush.I also put 2 extend-a-bond mini tabs on each side above my ears for added security,but you can do without them and you'd still get a solid 3+ day hold.
11-11-2012, 11:21 AM,
Oh ok, yeah got2b is like the easiest stuff to work with by far. when you say got2b glued gel which product exactly are you talking about? I know about the freeze spray, the spiking glue, and even rubber cement. Im not sure if you are talking about one of these, or a different product all together.

regards
11-11-2012, 11:39 AM,
Oh I meant the spiking glue,the one in the yellow tube.I wanted to try the rubber cement but couldn't find it in any of my local stores.
11-11-2012, 12:44 PM,
I agree, no ripples. Fits perfectly.
11-12-2012, 06:21 AM,
yeah I use the spiking glue as well. I know .. whats his name.. friggin memory.. loves the rubber cement. . I have tried it and don' treally care for it. maybe I just never got the hang of how to use it. The best one for me has been that spiking glue, but it sucks for me in the front. It could be due to the fact that my systems are larger than typical with temple flaps and such. so it doesn't really want to vacuum itself to my head in the front.

For me personally.. if i don't plan on only using got2b glued.. I think a lace base is still the easiest for me to deal with.