Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Template ideas. Any feedback welcome
02-05-2013, 11:05 AM,
Template ideas. Any feedback welcome
Hi Guys, I've been making templates for around 2 weeks straight now and think I may have settled on what I think I'll go with, although I'm keen to see what some of you experienced wearers think of my ideas to see if there are any major changes I need to make.

I've designed it to simply lower my hairline ever so slightly but above all make the hairline consistent with no gaps. I'm still going for a fairly receded look and am looking to gradually reduce this recession over the next year or so with future templates/systems. At least that's the plan. i'm a pretty inpatient guy by nature so we'll see how that goes!!

The two areas I could really do with some feedback on are the temples and the crown.

My side and back hair is ok in terms of not needing to be replaced with a full cap, however my temples are pretty well receded as you can see in the pictures. Ultimately I want to incorporate some sort of temple flaps into my systems but as i'm new to wearing I would probably feel more comfortable dealing with as simple a system as possible in terms of bonding, blending, styling etc. until I'm used to it and know what works for me. The last think I want to do is bite off more than I can chew in the early months. plus, I want my transition into wearing to be as unnoticeable as possible to the people around me and i hope that by gradually making larger templates and ordering fuller systems that incorporate the temples I can achieve this.

I've marked on the pictures where I want to restore my temples in the long run. I've never had the really pronounced temple points that practically touch our eyebrow but there was hair further up to where the line is drawn. My brother has the similar temples to the ones I've drawn and we had very similar hair before mine started to go south. (he's just 18 months younger than me and hasn't lost a single hair the bastard!! Smile Hopefully by keeping the hairline fairly receded I can avoid the wide forehead look and the temples therefore wont be such a give away that I'm wearing.

The crown area is a bit confusing for me as my hair in the crown isn't bad. The hair isn't super thick there but its not an area that causes me huge concern. I've incorporated the crown because i think it would just be too difficult in terms of blending and bonding to wear a partial piece that stops before the crown and looks as though the hair on top of the head is all the same. again, I may have this all wrong and people who have experienced a similar balding pattern may be able to advise me. To me it just looks so much easier to have a topper that covers that area as well, rather than a partial piece??

I'll leave it at that as i can tend to go on forever (anyone who read my first post will testify to that!) Apologies that the pictures aren't brilliant. I'll try and post some better ones if people are struggling with these. All feedback is welcome guys. I'm a newbie so am open to any suggestions you can offer me.

Cheers

Yorkie

Attached Files Image(s)

02-05-2013, 11:51 AM,
RE: Template ideas. Any feedback welcome
Looks like you've got it pretty much right to me.
And I agree, temple flaps will be a good addition in the future.

I've made VERY slight adjustments to soften the line and they kind of hint at temple flaps.
Even though you think you're being conservative at the moment, you'll be amazed at what a difference just adding this amount of hair will make to your appearance.

Attached Files Image(s)