Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lots of questions about full caps...see for yourself (photo)
03-19-2010, 04:05 AM,
lots of questions about full caps...see for yourself (photo)
[attachment=0]We continue to get a lot of questions about full cap units. People are reluctant to go that route but once they do they love 'em. Here's a photo of our full cap guru, JRob, so everyone can how how great these units look.

[img]

[/img]

Attached Files Image(s)

03-19-2010, 02:00 PM,
Re: lots of questions about full caps...see for yourself (photo)
Though my sides are ok, i have been contemplating going full cap as i would love to go with the long hair look i had when i had my own hair but what puts me off is that i keep reading that it is quite obvious to touch. They say it's impossible to hide all the edges. Can anyone throw some light on this
03-20-2010, 01:03 AM,
Raks,
I think JRob will have something to say about that. JRob---you out there?
Regards,
John
03-20-2010, 04:56 PM,
Jrobs hair looks greasy in every picture. This guy can't be serious. You look like a greasy Randy Quaid.
03-23-2010, 03:36 AM,
Madbull post some pics up of you wearing mate. You have gotta be SHIT HOT at this game to be such a dick to others, can't wait to see them
03-23-2010, 06:24 AM,
Are toppers easily detectable to touch? My opinion is yes. You can get a pretty close fit with almost no edges lifting. With good attachment you can get almost no lift on the sides. If you're wearing a topper and someone wants to find out all they would have to do is slowly run their fingers in an itching pattern from front to back and feel for a difference in texture. That being said. Someone would have to have her hands in your hair a fair bit to figure it out. I have female friends who constantly touch my hair. Some like to mess my hair up, others prefer neaten my hair up. I haven't told many people I wear. I belive most of the girls who mess with my hair are oblivious to me wearing. Unless you have people who like to massage your head I wouldn't worry too much about detectability to touch. Some of the guys on the site who wear toppers live with girlfriends who are unaware that they wear.

@JRob, I think your pieces are the bomb. Gell isn't for everyone, but to say someone who puts gell in their hair is greasy is like saying girls who put makeup on look like barbie dolls.
03-24-2010, 04:24 PM,
raks Wrote:Though my sides are ok, i have been contemplating going full cap as i would love to go with the long hair look i had when i had my own hair but what puts me off is that i keep reading that it is quite obvious to touch. They say it's impossible to hide all the edges. Can anyone throw some light on this

A full cap attached properly is no more or less detectable to touch than a partial unit.

Think about it. The only places that might be detectable are the edges. With a partial unit you essentially have a "seam" that runs in an oval shape around the middle of your scalp. any potential lifting and when someone runs their hand through your hair, they will know something is up.

Compare this to a full cap. If you attach the nape as I outline on my blog, this all but eliminates detectability issues in that area. Move around to the area above the ears. Most of the time if someone runs their hands through your hair, they aren't feeling around your ears, so this is of no consequence with a full cap.

The temples? Could be an issue if they aren't attached properly, but I have never had an issue.

The hairline? Same situation as a partial unit.

If you ask me, a full cap dome correctly is less detectable to the touch. I got busted (suspected) with a partial. Never happened with a full cap so far.

Just remember my trick- cut a small shark tooth pattern in the areas where the hair hangs down (nape and even above the ears if you want to be extra safe. Use tape, and extend it just a tiny bit beyond the tips of the "teeth". I'm at the end of an attachment right now, and reaching back to my nape I can't feel a thing.
03-24-2010, 04:30 PM,
hairhat Wrote:@JRob, I think your pieces are the bomb. Gell isn't for everyone, but to say someone who puts gell in their hair is greasy is like saying girls who put makeup on look like barbie dolls.

I don't generally use gel ( I prefer a softer looking wax) but this pic happened to have been taken when my hair was actually wet from the shower.

This is a better example of what my units look like-

[Image: IMGP4486.JPG]

You can see that the hair DOES have product in it, but it isn't "greasy" or "crispy" or anything of the sort.

I understand that some people don't care for hair products, but for me it's like adding highlights. It's not necessary, but it's cheap and goes a long way toward improving the realism of your hair.