Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to full cap pros
08-10-2009, 05:48 AM,
to full cap pros
I really would like to talk to someone who wears a full cap. I'm considering it but the thought of it is terrifying in terms of maintenance and attachments. How much harder is it than a topper? I just can't see how you could have a base attached around your ears and at your nape and move your neck around w/o it pulling up etc.

Is someone available to give me the ins and outs, the limitations? I know color, density and blending are not issues with a full cap, and those are some great advantages, but what about the limitations? what are the costs of wearing one?

thx fellas
08-10-2009, 08:02 AM,
Re: to full cap pros
I don't attach the cap across the nape or around the ears. I use a 1" square piece of tape on the nape corners. I think new wearers go way overboard with attachment. A little adhesive goes a long way and clean up and reattachment is easy if you don't over do it. On the front and sides i cut the tape lengthwise in half. No way I need 1" of width to hold the unit for a week.

Cost is almost twice as much and it has been my experience you have to be on top of the specs as they vary order to order even when you specify certain specs.. All three latest caps I received using the same Template have been different! All except the last were ok though..... The last was way off in venting and fit. Best to have a back up on hand and never order more than one at a time lest you get two with the same issues. When you spend $400 for a unit I think you have higher standard as to expecting it to be exactly what you order and at ;least the same as the last order in every way. Since I am experimenting with different bases, I know there will be some differences though........ Thank Goodness we have a great team in John and Gary to make it right when things go awry.

Toppers are invisible to the wearer, They feel a lot less like you are wearing anything. I am always aware of the unit because of the neck area. Its the only area where flexing occurs. Its the only area for me that does not like tape and becomes irritated. Its the only area where french lace can be stiff and prickly along the neckline. It may become the reason I finally just go without anything and go slap head.....................while its still in style.....LOL My God I would immediately clear out a few draws and cabinets in the bathroom as well as the shower....

As far as detectability I think its far less detectable because of a few dead givaways toppers have..

Temple areas, Texture and color matching......People do not expect men to be wearing full wigs whereas they know men wear "toupees" In that regard they fade equally, they shed equally and always look like a single head of hair. Color matching is not an issue, gray matching is not an issue....

Limitations? CONSISTENCY in ordering.... That has been the only limitation or difference i have found in full caps. Its always a drumroll, opening the envelope and trying the latest one one and cutting it in....but for the most part I'm glad I went all shaved and am full capping....
08-11-2009, 03:52 AM,
NotGuilty Wrote:I really would like to talk to someone who wears a full cap. I'm considering it but the thought of it is terrifying in terms of maintenance and attachments. How much harder is it than a topper? I just can't see how you could have a base attached around your ears and at your nape and move your neck around w/o it pulling up etc.

I attach all the way down on the nape with zero lift issues. The trick is to use blue liner tape. Since it is so sticky and gets even more gooey as time goes on, it holds that area with no problem for me. Other tapes, even the strong ones, are to "plasticy" and instead of "melting" into themselves they tend to release. The only real exception I have found to this is walker no shine, which is similar to blue liner in consistency. I still prefer blue on the nape though.

If you want more info I have FINALLY finished editing and uploading my Full Cap eBook, so it is now online and available free of charge.

Here is the intro page, you can use the links at the bottom to continue to the next chapter, or you can use the links on the side to navigate chapter by chapter

http://hairjive.com/blog/?page_id=13

Quote:Is someone available to give me the ins and outs, the limitations? I know color, density and blending are not issues with a full cap, and those are some great advantages, but what about the limitations? what are the costs of wearing one?

I actually devoted the entire first chapter to this very question

http://hairjive.com/blog/?page_id=15

Keep in mind that if you have any specific questions about any of the material you can leave a comment on any of the pages since it is postes in a blog format. Or, you can ask on here or send me an email.

Hope this helps.
08-11-2009, 03:59 AM,
Oh yea, just got my latest full cap cut in and almost tweaked, so I will try to post some pics of it within the next few days.