Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr. Oz recommends a Charcoal water filter for showerhead
08-10-2009, 08:25 AM,
Dr. Oz recommends a Charcoal water filter for showerhead
Does anybody here have any experience with this? I heard Dr. Oz talking about how great the filter is for hair (and skin), especially for people losing their hair because it removes a lot of the crap from water and that you can get the filters for your showerhead at "any hardware store". I don't know what hardware store Dr. Oz shops at, but so far I've checked Ace, Osh, and Lowes, and they look at me like I have 3 eyes when I ask about this. So... 1.) does anybody have/use this? and 2.) have you noticed results from it?
08-10-2009, 12:57 PM,
Re: Dr. Oz recommends a Charcoal water filter for showerhead
Tsister,
We've recommended using a charcoal water filter for a long time. They're available at Home Depot, Menard's and other large home supply stores. They leave your have softer and shinier and you skin looks and feels better. Ever had chaulky buidup on your shower doors or shower curtain? That's from the minerals and chemicals in the water. A charcoal shower filter costs about $30 and they're worth it.
Regards,
John
08-10-2009, 02:07 PM,
Thanks! I'll check HD in my area because none of the smaller stores I mentioned had them... I tried looking for this subject in the search field and nothing came up so I was just wondering.
08-10-2009, 03:10 PM,
Also if you check the info link sticky there is a thread listed that talks about 3 keys to making a piece last 6 months, the shower filter is talked about there.