Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aligning your unit
08-31-2012, 08:30 PM,
Aligning your unit
How do you guys align your unit every time? It's frustrating for me and some days I have a hard time! Sometimes I put it too far forward, other times too far back etc.

Eventually I change the tape as I am scared it won't stick well enough after all the trying.
08-31-2012, 10:57 PM,
RE: Aligning your unit
When you`re ready to re-attach your system, before you apply tapes to it, or apply glue to your scalp, sit the system onto your head----adjust it`s position until you`re happy that that will be it`s ` final` position......simply use an eye-brow pencil to lightly mark your skin immediately at/in front of the front edge ---these marks are simply to help you ` find` your position when ready to bond-on. Apply your tapes to you perimiter as normal..... apply your layers of glue immediately behind your marked-line at the front [assuming that you actually use glue there]. If you get yourself a bottle of `` Adjust-a-bond``, you can spray your scalp [including the glued area] with it, and it will delay the tape/s and glue from ` grabbing` your lace for about a minute...it `buys` you a little time to fine-tune your positioning...after a while positioning become very ` routine` ...just takes a little while to develop your skills with it. I use Walker No-Shine tapes... I apply my tape strips to the lace, I peel off the backing-paper, and then I ` reverse` the paper/s---- i.e. turn the shiny non-stick side towards the actual tape, bend-back [scrunch] a corner of it [so you can grip it later with either fingers or a tweezers in order to peel it off/discard it] I very lightly apply the backing paper to the tape strips.....this prevents it from sticking to the scalp..... I sit the thing onto my head, position it correctly, and then work my way around the perimeter, peeling off the papers, and bonding the tapes/lace to the skin..... it`s just a little ` knack` I developed. Also recently, instead of spraying lace-release onto my hair/system in a ` scattergun` manner, I use a glass tube which has a rubber ` bulb` on the end, which is normally used for administering ` drops` into the eye or ear....that way I can ` aim` the alcohol directly onto /at the part of the lace which has tape/glue under it and I avoid spraying alcohol onto the actual hair,as it has a drying effect on it. Will attach a pic of the type of thing I`m talking about--any pharmacy will have them in stock. Regards , and hope that helps.

Attached Files Image(s)

09-01-2012, 08:29 AM,
Sort of similar to Paul.

What I do is I know where I want the front edge to be so I draw a line with a eyeliner pencil. Then I position the system on my head so that the edge meets up and then draw some lines along the hairline in the front on each side and then remove the system to see if the lines look right. If not I erase the lines and start again. If I get it good then I'm onto the next step.

I then apply tape to the sides and back of the system but I'll peel back the backing of the strip once its on the system about 1/4 from the edge so that the next strip overlaps the tape, not the backing. Essentially I have about 8 strips of tape but the edges are already pre bent and lifted making it easy to remove the tap for later.

At this point I cut 3 small strips and put one on the front behind the pencil marking, and one each on either side, taking off the backing so they are exposed.

I then take the system and move it into place till its right trying not to let the hair fall down into the tape. Once it lines up I press down on the temporary tape that I just applied so its held. I then can peel each backing off the strips in a row as they are already lifted and bent open. I pull back the system leaning forward so no hair catches and place it onto my head.

At that point I lift the temp front, rub off the lines, remove the tape and draw new ones where I want the front to be, and use bond, and attach.
09-02-2012, 07:47 AM,
What I have done when attaching tapes/glue combo. Is i put the tape on my lace base. I keep the backings on like Paul.. but i bend the backing a little so its easier to pull off.. For the very back of the unit, I take all the tape backing off. Than i put it on my head holding it by the back so it doesn't stick. and i position the unit the way i want. I will put the hairline SLIGHTLy back further than normal because some of my system can stretch. I tack down the very back of the unit, and secure it. once its down i flip the unit up in front of a mirror so i get a full view of the tapes etc.. and section by section i peel away the tape backing and tack it back down. Going back to front. And when i am done with the tape, the hairline will be in its final position. Than I mark the hairline with a make up pencil or whatever, flip the front back and than put the glue on my scalp for the hairline etc.. Than when its dry i attach the front hairline.