Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wearing hair gets easier and easier....
08-23-2012, 05:20 AM,
Wearing hair gets easier and easier....
Wow, I really have to come to this forum more often! I guess life has gotten quite busy, and time goes by so fast!

Just wanted to drop by and say that in the last couple of years it feels like I've stopped wearing hair! Maybe that's why I don't post here very much. It's funny! These days I attach my hair and it usually doesn't come off for about three weeks. I shower with it, go biking, do yoga and even went to Nepal and spent 24 days hiking in the Himalayas, never really thinking or worrying about my hair. Even when I go travelling for many weeks, I only bring very minimal supplies. A few bits of tape, a small glue container and, not much else! I don't really think too much about special products anymore if I'm on the road. Just wash with whatever's available.

The secret to my attachment is quite simple; supertape and safegrip/base bond. Sometimes iglue comes in handy for touch ups. Quick and easy to attach and remove. Touch up when necessary, usually once a week for the hairline.

I have to be honest and say that I really don't care too much anymore for the perfect attachment. If my hair is lifting in places, it's generally no big deal to me unless I'm on a date. I can even get away with the hairline lifting because it's quite concealed with my current style (I don't comb it back strongly, it's kind of sits forward).

Washing the hair while it's on me on the shower also seems to strangely prolong the attachment time. If you press it down after you wash, and as it dries, it will cement it back into your scalp and the glue will re set Smile

Nearly 7 years wearing hair now. No complaints really, I'm just very very grateful to have hair on my head 24/7!
08-23-2012, 05:42 AM,
RE: Wearing hair gets easier and easier....
Nice to hear it man. I guess for some people after time it becomes such a routine or they find exactly what works best for them, that it becomes as common as like a girl putting on make up etc. For some others tho they might get sick of wearing hair, I guess it all depends on the person. For me, I just got more lazy when it came to wearing hair. I use got2b glued most of the times cause its the easiest to apply and remove. hair systems have been getting better with thinner materials etc.. I just wish a better adhesive would come out. Something that is so ridiculously simple to use yet holds up strong. LIke a got2b glue but with even better holding power.
08-23-2012, 12:54 PM,
I equate wearing hair with working out. I don't like the work it takes to wear and I don't particularly like working out, but with both I love the results.
08-23-2012, 12:55 PM,
Mr. Burns,
Good to hear from you. You've touched on a very important point. Be comfortable with yourself and don't obsess about the perfect hair system/attachment. If you're comfortable with yourself others will be comfortable with you. I know---easier said than done. Especially for newbies since wearing is such a transition. But being comfortable in your own skin is a key to being comfortable in a hair system--it comes with time.
John
08-23-2012, 09:49 PM,
Hi Mr Burns,
Nice post,and i agree with your comments, but still find clean up a pain!!
Just wanted to ask, you mention you wear for three weeks,doesn't the tape break down and seep into the hair over that time period.I find after one week the tape(supertape) has broken down and starting to ooze and difficult to remove form the lace(and thats in Australia during the winter months) and i work in airconditioned office.
Is there any tricks to leaving it on that long without the tape breaking down?

Regards topcat.
08-24-2012, 12:15 AM,
Topcat, try Extendabond instead of Supertape. It shouldn't break down at all in the span of one week, even two. And it doesn't have that awful smell that a brand new supertape bond does.
08-24-2012, 04:09 PM,
Finally someone who thinks like me!!! I thought I was the only one that wore hair without much fuss. I cannot believe how many hours and how many threads spent on the subject of being busted, being found out, does it look natural!!!! Good grief, relax, there are so many other more important things to worry about. Come on get real, if your bald one day and you wear hair the next of coarse people will ask questions. When I wore hair for the first time I was so happy with myself that I did not give a hoot what people said. I did it for me. If they would ask I would say yes!!! Having said all this I have been blessed with the attachments lasting 30 to 40 days without almost any lifting!!! I started with a stylist but slowly have been doing my own hair cuts and attachments. I am getting better and better at it. The biggest change since I started wearing is the fact that I can now spot a bad hairpiece from a mile away!!! The biggest give away is always a hairpiece that is way to thick, I mean the density is way to high. I do not say anything because if they are happy with it then let it be. Hey people chill out and stop worrying about being busted, I mean we are wearing and at one point we will all slip up and we will always have bad hair days!!!!!!
08-24-2012, 05:46 PM,
Mr. Burns encouraged me a couple of years ago to take the plunge into the game.
Very good decision.
I too now have my method/routine down.
Don't think about it much.
I do a tape perimeter attchment with a strip down the middle.
Service it every 10 days or so.
Wipe the front with alcohol every now and then if needed.
Yes. The bond strangely gets cemented if I shower hair every few days.
If I ever get tired of this I'll just shave it all off. But I look great with hair. The maintenance is 30 mins nowdays. The price is reasonable for the systems.
Conclusion: Totally worth it.
08-24-2012, 11:19 PM,
balamouti,

What base do you have and what kind of tape are you using? Does the tape not get gooey after being on for 10 days?
08-25-2012, 05:48 AM,
Great thread- love it!