Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you respond to this statement?
08-07-2012, 03:07 PM,
RE: How would you respond to this statement?
Sorry to hear about your dilemma and the issues.

The main question is ; how do you feel about wearing? Are you happy about what it can look like and how you feel with hair on your head?
I'm sure a few of us on here have gone through the block with frustration about our hair issues. I went about 5 years up to this year, constantly thinking about my hair and what I should do with it. I huffed and puffed about wearing a partial, and even at the start I flipped out a bit as I wasn't mentally ready and still there are challenges to be met with bonding, finding glues/tapes and such that suit my body type etc and I'm still finding out about it.

One thing though, I do not regret it at all. I feel a lot happier with hair on my head. I wear two small partial pieces and it blends in with the rest of my hair for now. First few weeks, I felt like such a poser, catching myself in the windows of cars, mirrors anywhere just to look at the hair. Also, to check if it was still on Wink but I can't believe how happier I feel now with this minor change.

Like most have said here, do what makes you feel happy with the system. Has your mother seen you with it on? I can imagine if anyone of us said to 95% of the population that we wanted to wear a wig/hairpiece/system - whatever we call it, that they would laugh or think 'DON'T DO IT!' because engrained in their head will be the stereotypical rug. Huge thick density moptopchop up top with thin sides.

Sorry for going on, but this is not a dress rehearsal and we should make the most of life and be happy and feel good about ourselves. If that's shaving our head and feel fine about it, do that or if it's using some concealers, do it. Or if it's au-natural and letting nature take its course, go for it and if it's taping some hair to your head, go for it.

Hope it works out for you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How would you respond to this statement? - kevinme - 08-07-2012, 03:07 PM