• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New thin skin
09-27-2012, 11:52 PM,
RE: New thin skin
James,

Do you only use tape?
09-28-2012, 11:10 AM,
Yeah I would also like to know what tape you are using James K. I thought using tapes on these type of skins was a big no no. Isn't it really difficult to get tape off such a thin membrane?

Honestly. I can't see the front hairline of skin looking good using tape. Maybe I am wrong. I would imagine these ultra thin skins are made for liquid attachment. I think trying maybe duo tac thins would be worth a shot. but even than I wonder.

One more thing. Explain to me why a skin system is so much easier when it comes to maintenance? That is something I just never understood. with lace, you could create a template that exactly fits your favorite tape. There are a lot of no residue tapes out there that make removal very simple. For example. I just attached my lace system. I used these min tabs and put them around the perimeter took about 40 seconds.

With lace you can just use ur favorite tapes to attach only the perimeter and removal is very easy as well. With skin, unless I am mistaken but you really need to do full head bonds, and use a liquid adhesive. Your scalp doesn't breath, and when its time to remove, you have a whole mess of glue to clean off the skin and your head. how is this easier? I really can't comprehend it.
09-28-2012, 12:04 PM,
In 99 % of cases , all one needs is GTBG Freeze Spray , sometimes mixed with their Rubber Cement , every now and than a strip of tape down the center of the scalp for an extra measure , and an initial on a freshly clean base, a perimeter application of Davlyn Black adhesive, been doing this way for years............never have a messy cleanup or else I would not be doing it !!
Especially on the real thin skins.......GTBG should do the job !!

In years of wearing skins ,,,,,never a messy cleanup !

johnny/albuquerque

ps.......have you used the stuff I sent you, if you have I can't comprehend ya having a cleaning issue ?
09-29-2012, 11:00 AM,
Hey johnny

Yeah I have but I can't seem to get the rubber cement to work right for me to be honest with you. the got2b glued that works the best for me is the spiking glue. The spray doesn't work good for me either. And that being said, they all suck for the hairline for me. Which brings me back to glue. Using glue on the skin, when I remove it sticks to the skin, and I either have to soak it in cotton balls or whatever, or work it out and rub it off all the way around.. Either way, its still more effort/time consuming than merely detaching lace with alcohol and taking off the tape right than and there with 0 residue and nothing to fuss with.
09-30-2012, 03:55 PM,
I'm prob going to be ordering my first system in the next month...stupid question... but how do you remove a skin unit? Are there certain products the go beneath the skin to loosen in? Thanks!
10-06-2012, 07:58 AM,
depends what your using. U could just peel it off .. or u can try to get a spot lose and squirt alcohol in it.. I use an empty nose spray nosil that works good. Its the same as lace but u just can't pour it on top, since it can't go thru the skin u gotta get an edge to lift than try and pour in the alcohol. once u get it started than it the alcohol starts pouring underneath the skin. when ur done.. u gotta take off the glue mess from the skin.
12-07-2012, 10:18 PM,
James, come in James!!
02-05-2013, 09:28 PM,
James???
07-18-2013, 05:36 AM,
Does the I-800 system sheed alot?

I mean does the new gen skin system sheed alot
07-18-2013, 07:51 AM,
Ibetalot, good post. Would really like to see some pictures. Sounds like you are happy with the unit and I'm sure we'd all like to see.
Thanks!