Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New thin skin
08-06-2012, 06:32 AM,
New thin skin
I ordered the new thin skin, and it arrived last week. I did the cut it in yesterday and slapped it on my noggin. What I love about the piece, is there are no knots. The hair looks like it is growing right out of your scalp, also the hair line is awesome! I just put a dab of glue on the front and it disappeared. Actually when I first put it on, I hadn't even applied the glue and I couldn't see the thin skin.

My only complaint was they didn't match my template very well. The piece is a bit big. I also have temple flaps,m and those weren't made big enough. However, with a few adjustments it's nothing I can't work around.

If this piece is relatively durable, I won't be going back to lace anytime soon.
08-06-2012, 07:18 AM,
RE: New thin skin
Would like to know how comfortable are these in hot humid weather....also I've heard that you can only keep it on for 2-3 days maximum.Frankly that's the only thing that's keeping me from wearing thin skin 'cause having to de/re every 2 days is a bit of a hassle for someone with an active lifestyle.
08-06-2012, 09:54 AM,
damn, i think i was just unlucky... i love my TL lace piece, but ordered a skin piece from another supplier, and it is unwearable.. The hairline is really quite sharp and obvious.. and no amount of plucking seems to be able to fix that.
I'd love to see pics of yours ibetalot
08-06-2012, 06:53 PM,
I have the same concerns about wearing in humidity.
08-06-2012, 08:29 PM,
@Black_Nail

I saw your picture of the thin skin you got from the other supplier.
(Its me who posted the link so you could see the picture)
I have to agree that the hairline is bad.
Its like a black line going horizontally across your forehead.
What has he said about it because surely its a faulty one?
No one could wear that and yet he supplies them all the time.

Because I have no experience with thin skins I don't have any advice for you.
I wondered if it was possible to bleach the base of the front hairs to break up the line?
But really, I think you should get your money back.

I'll leave a comment on your thread and see if the owner has anything to say. It might help.
08-07-2012, 01:27 AM,
I live in a very humid climate, i used to wear skin based systems years ago, but nothing like this one. The technology has come a long way since then, this hp is so thin it's transparent on your head.

I generally detach weekly to clean the hp and my scalp. I'd have to guess that I am more active than 99% of the population, and never had an issue with the skin pieces. I probably wouldn't want to leave them on longer than a week just for hygiene issues.

I'll keep everyone updated on the durability of the piece.
08-07-2012, 05:40 PM,
@Black_Nail,

Sounds like you're getting your skin piece sorted. I'm so pleased because otherwise it was a complete waste of money.

I hope it now works out for you and I'd be interested to see pics when you get the new one back.
08-07-2012, 09:17 PM,
yeh Hersute, sorry i didnt mean to ignore you.. i was trying to find a way to private message you but couldn't figure it out.
Yes, i've sent the skin piece in question bac and the whole front is being replaced with lace.. which will be great cause other than the hairline itself, the rest of the specs were perfect.
thanks for your concern mate Smile
08-07-2012, 11:43 PM,
No probs. There is no PM facility on this forum.
Hope it all works out.
Cheers.
08-13-2012, 07:06 AM,
I wear the new thin skin as well!

I usually get 10-14 days wear out of it before removing.

I use Pro Flex tape.

Clean up is easy and it feels great! I used to wear french lace, and I honestly prefer the thin skin for its realism. Its just as comfortable too.

No itching or heat issues, and I work out and its been almost 100 degrees all summer.