Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name tag stitched under piece?
07-26-2012, 12:15 AM,
Name tag stitched under piece?
I just received my first piece and I'm pretty confident it's going to work really well but I do have one question.There is a tag with my name on it stitched underneath the piece towards the back/crown, there is hair directly on top of it.Is this a mistake by the factory or can I remove it somehow? Fairly confident you don't attach the piece with this tag on it?

Many thanks
07-26-2012, 12:35 AM,
RE: Name tag stitched under piece?
You can remove it before you attach. Use a new, sharp scalpel blade to cut the threads around the edges of the tag. You can slide the tip of the blae through each little stitch on the top of the tag (not under the tag) and once you get all the way around it should come off with a little gentle pulling.
07-26-2012, 12:46 AM,
Ah ok excellent, thanks very much Hairenough!
07-26-2012, 03:32 AM,
Idlewild,
On your next order you can request that no name tag be attached.
Regards,
John
07-26-2012, 03:33 AM,
I leave mine on never been a problem , it doesn't affect the bond and you can't see it through the piece .
07-26-2012, 05:59 AM,
I`d advise you to wait until you`ve worn /washed the system several times..... that stitching is quite ` tight` on a new system......I sliced the lace on a system before, even though I held it flat/stretched it slightly and used a blade like a scalpel.....you`d be surprised how easy it is to slice through the lace...Debbie sells little repair kits if you need one. I sliced it successfully on an oldish, worn-in system, but I made a hames of it with one system which was new....... you have enough to be dealing -with now as a new wearer without slicing through your lace...... leave it a while...the stitching will eventually soften/loosen and you can do it far more easily...hope your cut-in etc. goes well . Cheers.
07-26-2012, 07:03 AM,
Thanks guys, yup I guess I'll leave it for a while until it loosens up a bit.
07-26-2012, 08:15 AM,
I leave my tag in I find the date useful to let me know when to order new units.
07-26-2012, 09:20 AM,
I just re-read Hairenough`s post above--- he`s right of course...the mistake I made was trying to slip the blade in between the lace and the name-tag.
However, that stitching is so small, that it would be hard to even get a ` start` on the thread on the top-side of the tag.... I wonder would a small sewing-needle pushed in to the stitches on the top surface of the label, kind of stretch/snap the thread ? I guess it would be still easier to do when the system has ` loosened up` a little after a bit of washing/wearing.
07-27-2012, 12:35 AM,
I think you would use a seam ripper to do the job. I remember my mother had one just for things like that. Walmart should have them.