Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Idea I have been Thinking About
08-11-2009, 10:48 AM,
An Idea I have been Thinking About
I know I wear my wigs with no glue and that is ok because I wear skin pieces that almost fit like a lens to my scalp. Noow I know most of you like the look of lace pieces better but don't like the way that your sweat breaks down most blues and tapes. So what if you attached your lace piece over a PSB or think skin base with no hair on it. Almost like a bald cap that would not let the sweat from your body get to the the glue attaching your piece to the Skin base. Then you could just attach the piece to your head either with GOTBEGLUE or your favorite glue. you would only clean the underside then of the attachment which should be easy the lace attached to the skin piece should then be on their for at least a week or more without the glue or tape breaking down into the hair. Then you would have the look of the way lace pieces hair moves without the hassle. Just an Idea I know I'm going to try this just to see how it goes. Just want to know of you can order a PSB or Thin Skin without hair lol...
08-11-2009, 11:31 PM,
Re: An Idea I have been Thinking About
...as long as we don`t get in trouble to remove the lace from the PSB it sounds like a good idea.
Of course the idea of a "2-Layer" base is against the trend of getting thinner & thinner, but who really needs this ?
Still having troubles with breaking glues & migration into hair and along skin - tested several so far:

1) oli resistant white glue
2) stixxon
3) Basebond
4) walker safe grip

So your idea sounds very welcome for me to think about. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Courious, what BA will reply regarding the availability of a naked & customized PSB.
08-12-2009, 05:29 AM,
I think BA has already been through these ideas, I believe he had lace pieces and skin units that were integrated together into one unit even. When you put lace on top of skin or integrated, it still is not going to look as good as lace by itself. the reason being is the lace is made to go against your real skin. When u put lace on top of thinskin, the lace wont be as invisible and the skin will probably be the same visibility as it always is.
08-12-2009, 06:05 AM,
As thin as skin units are getting, lace might have a run for its money very soon!
08-13-2009, 05:14 AM,
I think the difference is not only the base materials, but the attachment method used. The tapes are getting thinner, less messier and more undetectable. as well as stronger. A lot of these tapes dont really work well with skin systems from my experience, they are hard to take off the skin and leave a mess. So i think as the tapes get better and stronger, the advantages of skin are getting less. for me the advantages of skin are that it is water proof if you are underwater, The hairs dont go through the underside, and some cream liquid glues are easier to clean off skin than lace.