Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Base Recomendations for Low Density
11-14-2012, 09:14 AM,
Base Recomendations for Low Density
Hi all, I had a crack last summer at getting started with wearing and went for a 55% density crown partial piece, SFS. I lived with it for a week but was really struggling to get the lace to disappear and felt very conscious about the crown, especially as i work in an office with bright lights and people looking over my all the time.

Anyway, I'm wanting to give it another go but just wanted to get peoples opinions as to what base would be best for a low density crown piece? I am wanting to show some scalp at the crown so as to not have too big a jump in hair density.

Cheers
11-15-2012, 09:17 AM,
RE: Base Recomendations for Low Density
Hi Bollo ..... I guess lace can be a little unforgiving with a really light density and under certain lighting...... maybe a type of skin system would be better..... there are pluses and minuses with both materials...... lace is more breathable than skin generally, and the hair is usually injected or V-looped into skin --the V-looped can tend to shed a bit early, whereas lace has the hair tied-in in a knot...... why not try one of the new Thinskin bases --lots of guys seem to be delighted with it....it`s so thin that it can`t carry a density higher than medium, so it sounds to me [haven`t worn one] that it would be ideal for what you need.....I`m sure if you mail John, he`d be happy to make a few suggestions for your needs...cheers.
11-16-2012, 09:28 AM,
Hi Paul. Thanks for replying. I've just been reading up on the thin skins and it does sound like it would fit the bill for me. Seems to be a hot topic at the moment.

As this will initially be for a small crown partial, I think any sweat/heat issues would be minimal.

I'll also email John for some advice to.

Thanks again
11-16-2012, 07:27 PM,
well i know what you mean about the crown area, thin skin would definately be the way to go. no knots or anything for anyone to see