Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Template help? (photos)
06-20-2012, 06:13 AM,
Template help? (photos)
Hi Macmike here. I haven't been on the board a lot in a long time. Actually I was on a lot when I was first starting with my topper. Probably around 8 years ago I think. I was with Hair Direct and then came over to Top Lace right before the convention that was held in Chicago can't remember the year. That was the best meeting for hair I ever attended. Got me all sorted out for the topper.
I am thinking of going to a full cap because of my thinning sides, blending and color matching issues. A hair style I would like to get as close to emulating as I can is Gordon Ramsay's style. Has anyone tried to create that style. I am interested in the shape of the front hair line mainly currently I do a front hairline that is much like a C tape Contour. Curious about density number one would order. I realize the top is supposed to be the least dense than the back and sides. I am 60 years old so I have been doing 60% on my topper. Any ideas appreciated. Here are some pics of the template I have created was wondering if I need to make any changes anywhere?

Macmike

Attached Files Image(s)

06-21-2012, 02:29 AM,
RE: Template help?
Wait don't send it yet.

I have some ideas and advice but am on my phone now.

Let me get to my laptop tonight and I'll have some good stuff for you.

I remember your first piece. Come a long way since then and now you're ready to take it to the next level.
06-21-2012, 05:16 AM,
That is true. I think I met you in Chicago. Any and all help and ideas appreciated.
06-21-2012, 01:05 PM,
I'm on my phone still so I'm in a be as thorough as I can be without getting to my laptop.

I can't give any pointers right now I'm the shape of that thing but I well once I see it on the big screen. One of my points is I think your piece is going to be too big for your head based off that template. This is just the beginning of this discussion but I'm a tell you what I did with my template.

Bear in mind they're just going to be taking the French lace or whatever the bases that you're taking in laying over the top of that and compressing it down therefore it's going to have a bigger overall diameter all the way around the perimeter. After I was done with mine you're going to freak out what I did but I cut it right down the middle from the front to the back. Then I took it and I movie together bye-bye eighth of an inch and retape it down the middle thus shrinking it from ear to ear. Then from ear to ear since I decide I cut it right down the middle again shrunk it up by eight image then re-taped it. Now when they laid nice SFS over the top of it and put it all down it was actually closer to my head shape and not as big as it would've been if I would've shrunk my template down.

I'm not necessarily recommending this at this point until I can Exley capture pictures and do one but I'm just telling you that's what I did and it worked out perfectly.

Think you may need to think about showing a little bit more of your natural hair around the perimeter.

Especially if you're not using method I just suggested.

Tough to get this right on little phone screen but it is what it is I think you get the idea and I can elaborate more and take some pics this weekend...

You going to be using tape or glue?
06-21-2012, 02:37 PM,
I have taken the head measurements also, with the help of my wife. So I have the 7 measurements like what Hollywood Lace asks for on their site. I would want them to go by the measurements more than the template when in doubt. I remember the first topper template I made it turned out to be too small. My front hairline was like 5 fingers of my eye brows instead of the 3 and roughly a half I do now. But the convention in Chicago helped me get that sorted as they used to say. I don't want to shave my head and go without hair for 6 or so weeks. All I can do is get as close as I can order one then once my head is shaved to wear this one order another one with a new template and then should be good to go from there. Would be nice to have one of the conventions and have some one make the template for me. I plan on using the method J. Rob uses on his Full Cap Essentials video, consists of tape and glue. I appreciate all of this help. I do wish now I had went directly to full cap when I first started. But I have learned so much since first starting this voyage some 8 years ago.
06-21-2012, 11:19 PM,
I wish I did flaps in beginning too.

New wearers have no idea how much better they will look once they refine there template.