Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you repair a matted hairpiece??
08-12-2009, 04:27 PM,
How do you repair a matted hairpiece??
Just wondering if people here have any tips on correcting a matted hair piece...I have a couple that have become pretty matted because I didn't clean them right away- the adhesive seeped into the hair I guess. I already tried soaking them for a while in a diluted amber solvent solution. Any suggestions or tips??
08-13-2009, 03:39 AM,
Re: How do you repair a matted hairpiece??
its a bit painstaking...but you can spray a comb with 99% or Lace Releaser and comb the glue out of the hair in small sections. to avoid this happening in the first place, if one releases correctly with 99% or LR, there should be little to no glue left on the piece....another reason this may have happened is due to leaving it on too long and allowing the glue/tape to break down and get gooey!!
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
08-13-2009, 06:55 AM,
Re: How do you repair a matted hairpiece??
As Debbie said... What I do though is use a toothbrush (separate from the one for my mouth!) and use this to have a finer control of the hairs...

I actually use this with conditioner to really ensure the hair stays tangle free...

Happy wearing!

Jazzy