Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing of Tape and Irritation Question
08-13-2009, 05:44 AM,
Testing of Tape and Irritation Question
I just tested tape on the inside of my upper arm. I wore it for 24 hours. While I had it on, I didn't even realize it was there. When I removed it this morning to shower, it left a red hicky like mark on my arm. That was 7 hours ago and the mark is still there. It is slightly irritated.

Question for the group. Is this a normal reaction for tape wearers or does it sound like I had an allergic reaction to the tape? If the latter, does this mean I am not a good candidate for tape use, or does it just depend on the kind of type? Will this condition improve in time?

I'm a bit concerned. Sad

~E
08-13-2009, 08:52 AM,
Re: Testing of Tape and Irritation Question
I was about to post a similar question.

I've used the Walker No Shine tape, and it is wonderful.
But... the last time I used it I got skin irritation in the front.
For me, I think this only becomes a problem after the tape has
gotten gummy after 4 or 5 days and begins breaking down.

I think the solution for me is probably to go no more than
4 days or so on the front.

Another possibility is to try the Stick It tape from Coolpiece,
since it does not break down as fast.

- AG
08-13-2009, 10:33 AM,
i always get some form of irritation after certain number of days. A nights rest without hair piece on and its fine again.
08-13-2009, 05:23 PM,
I started getting irritation from walker tape after wearing it for a month or so (part time). I really don't want to go to glue but if i have to i will. But one thing that has worked for me is using new skin over the area that the tape will touch. my sides and back actually tape to my hair and not my head so only the front is a problem. I have two bottles of new skin (liquid bandage) one of them has a pretty strong laquer smell.. so I have to use it in a very thin layer.. the other doesnt smell too much at all and i can actually goop it on thicker. Its a temporary solution if you start having an allergic reaction or rash. My rash was almost instant once i started having a reaction. I would put the tape on , and within an hour it would begin itching. I didnt do an arm test with the walker, but i did to a patch test on my head with red liner, with no reaction what so ever. I would say you have had a pretty strong reaction and I would be careful. You might try the liquid bandage if your going to continue with tape.. also.. some of these tapes are pretty strong, you might want to make sure you didnt just rip a bunch of skin off if you didnt use any alcohol or lace remover when you took it off.. (just a thought). A lot of people in here have really good results with glue, and with glue you can really do a lot more with exposing the front hair line.

I will probably eventually go to glue if i can't find a tape that won't irritate my head...

Good luck Smile
08-14-2009, 05:15 AM,
super tape always seems to give me a reaction
08-14-2009, 11:40 AM,
did you use a releaser to get the tape off or did you just pull it off....chances are, the red hickey type mark is from pulling the tape off your skin. you MUST use releasers to remove tape so that you don't stress your skin.
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
08-15-2009, 05:37 AM,
I did not use release. I will try the test and again and do that. Thanks for the advice!