Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone who wears please chime in.
06-20-2012, 06:16 AM,
RE: Everyone who wears please chime in.
Val,
I completely understand that finding someone in a similar position to you can be an inspiration and hearing that Hairenough is getting along well since wearing hair is helping you.
But, matching point for point doesn't mean that you'll necessarily have the same experience, just because you find similarities.

You'd have to have matching DNA, temperaments, attitudes, abilities & lifestyles to conclude that you will have the same experience as him.

No matter how much in common you both may have, at the end of the day, this thing will be going on your head, not his.
You could be identical twins, but, for example, if your skin type is slightly different, your experience will be bear no comparison.

In your opinion poll one of your possible answers to 'is it undetectable' is: "Yes, but with hard work"
Whats 'hard work'?
It can sometimes be a pain, it can sometimes be inconvenient or time consuming.
Is that 'hard work'?
If you're really pleased with the results, you may consider it an effort, but a rewarding one.

Or you may be one of these people who slap a bit of tape on, stick it on their heads & are ready to go, because for you its more about getting on with your life and not letting your hair control you.

You won't really know until you try.
Gathering information to help you on your way is a good thing.
But you'll have to differentiate between opinion & facts when you get replies.

Mostly you'll get opinions based on people's personal experiences and mostly pertinent to them only.
The facts, for you, will be found in your own experiences.

Most decent suppliers are selling basically the same products (albeit at varying prices) so really it comes down to the wearer, not necessarily the piece.
Its HOW you wear it and the choices you make when ordering that determines detectability.

In my opinion your research is misguided and you're not really asking the right questions.

What if the answer to your question "Can pieces be undetectable?" comes back as a resounding "YES".
Does that mean you can go off and get one attached and yours will be undetectable too?
Do you believe that "YES" answer automatically applies to all pieces & all wearers?

Your question should have been, "What makes a piece undetectable?"
Then you would have learned about graduated hairlines, proper placement, different attachment methods & tips.
This is information that could really help you and is freely given on this forum.

I think its rather telling that so far no one has actually participated in your poll, but instead have responded with real information.
06-20-2012, 06:21 AM,
After 8 years of wearing a topper attachment and removal is kind of second nature to me. When I first started it was a pain. But have my own system established. I push my systems to the brink. The two I use now I have worn for over a year. I need to order more often but funds keep me from ordering as much as I would love to. Another reason I am thinking of going to a full cap.

macmike
06-20-2012, 07:52 PM,
i just have to say and this is with kindness,seriously please read my enttire post dont be mad.if someone lives with you they know,they know,yes they do they know,i promise so bring up the racoon in the room nobodys talking about because she has got to feel awkward.i mean sweet baby jesus how could you manage that.itll be a sigh of relief and bring you closer,there is no shame in losing your hair its genetic,do people look at an amputee as pathetic.even the best best hair looks like a rug in the morning,and im sure no one knows but you cant avoid sleep and people touching you in intimate enviroments.i wake up look like a cat licked my hair all night then decided to die.thank god a lil water and leave in conditioner and i put that cat to rest .bring it up laugh about it you dont have to ever show her it off,i dont, but its known wether called extensions or if long term i break it on down,itll make intimacy better you can let go and focus and not worry if hands touch your head,if you can go to bed with someone then you can tell them,tell something,whats the point if you cant relax and enjoy,cause im just sayin even the best would be off their game if they had to stop to bat down a stray hand coming at your hair.unless you handcuff your partner everytime and blindfold and go to sleep and wake up before you remove the blindfold and handcuffs they know.or they are blind or retarded,either way,if someone doesnt think your hairs been examined and touched inspected and eye spy a piece of hair that has a receipt while your sleeping,i mean seriously? hellooo can you not see her in bed while you sleep just staring at it,covered up eyes glance over then back again quickly prodding it with a stick.lol she probably has a name for it.so she knows get it out laugh and have fun,its not shameful i just says your taking care of yourself.its a frickin hair piece not a murder to cover up.
06-21-2012, 03:01 AM,
Hersute, your criticism is off the mark. If I have no opportunities to meet with multiple wearers, all my research has to be forum-based. One opinion given in person by a long-time wearer and who does it for living, bears naturally more weight than several opinion in the forum. So what I want to get in here is outlook of those others on what the guy told me, to further weight things in my mind.

And as the two examples below show, those outlooks can differ dramatically.

Hairenough Wrote:I've been dating my girlfriend for 3 years and we live together now. She does not know I wear. No one does. It's my secret and that's the way I like it.
This was very encouraging.

imahologram Wrote:i wake up look like a cat licked my hair all night then decided to die.thank god a lil water and leave in conditioner and i put that cat to rest .bring it up laugh about it you dont have to ever show her it off,i dont, but its known wether called extensions or if long term i break it on down,itll make intimacy better you can let go and focus and not worry if hands touch your head,if you can go to bed with someone then you can tell them,tell something,whats the point if you cant relax and enjoy,cause im just sayin even the best would be off their game if they had to stop to bat down a stray hand coming at your hair.unless you handcuff your partner everytime and blindfold and go to sleep and wake up before you remove the blindfold and handcuffs they know.or they are blind or retarded,either way,if someone doesnt think your hairs been examined and touched inspected and eye spy a piece of hair that has a receipt while your sleeping,i mean seriously? hellooo can you not see her in bed while you sleep just staring at it,covered up eyes glance over then back again quickly prodding it with a stick.lol she probably has a name for it.so she knows
And that was quite the oposite. I would sure like to see how this exchange goes because the two statements are from two other ends of the spectrum.

@imahologram, you are wrong at least in one aspec. Yes, there is shame in losing your hair regardless if its your own fault or not, and yes, it being genetic is part of that shame. Your genes are rubbish in this tiny aspect but unfortunately this tiny aspect is so visible. And since ultimately our lives are about finding a mate to pass the best possible genes to our offspring, that is a big bummer. Yes, balding is passed by mother's genes, not father's, but this scarcely is common knowledge (are you gonna disclaim it to every girl you want to ask out?) and hardly improves your appearance.
06-21-2012, 03:30 AM,
Val,Val,Val!!!

You say my comments are off the mark?
And yet you've just inferred that Imahologram's life is pointless!!??

You said "since ultimately our lives are about finding a mate to pass the best possible genes to our offspring"
Imahologram has already stated his partner is male. So as 'mates', they won't be passing their genes (good, bad or otherwise) on to anybody.
If you are going to garner opinions, you'll find it beneficial to pay more attention and make less sweeping broad judgement statements!

You also pointed out how you're monitoring differences of opinions and have said "I would sure like to see how this exchange goes because the two statements are from two other ends of the spectrum."
You make it sound like your expecting a winner and a loser here.
Neither is right and neither is wrong in their opinions.
And I'm quite sure the 2 responders are well aware of this and are mature enough to agree to disagree. Because each of them know their own minds and are happy with the choices they've made.

This is something I hope for you one day, instead of trying to find your direction through others.
06-21-2012, 03:43 AM,
My comment about offspring was not about Imahologram in particular, but the humanity in general.

I am expecting an exchange, not a winner. Based on that exchange, I will judge which is more likely to be the case in my situation.

I will have my own opinion after I made the choice and can base it on my own experiences. Until then, I have no other way but to rely on others.

Can you do me a favour and stop parenting me in every post?
06-21-2012, 04:41 AM,
Bless you my child, go forth and multiply.
06-21-2012, 04:59 AM,
Hahahaha @ Hersute...the laughter was returned. Regards
06-21-2012, 07:48 AM,
Thanks pops, but I believe neither in blessings nor directions from others with regard to how to live my life.
06-21-2012, 07:48 AM,
im gonna be serious now.trying to look our best is a great thing it pushes you,but you also you have to be real.trust me life is not truly lived if you live with secrets.i know.its miserable.no matter what it is your hiding.you can not be real and true and present in your life if your holding something in,taking ourselves too seriously is one of the worst things we can do to ourselves.you are imperfect but thats reality.all of us are imperfect,we can work at making ourselves look like we have it all to the world in general but remember what someone thinks of you is none of your business.you cant go around proving who you are and what your about.as long as you have good intention thats all you can do.how others preceive you isnt something you can control.the world at large doesnt have to know anything but the people close to you the inner circle you shoud be able to say hey its no biggee,people that love you love you no matter what.love doesnt change with loss of hair and if it does its not love.period,its superficial,you should have a more going for you than a head of hair so loss of it isnt reallyyy a huge deal to people that care for you.dont let aloss of hair ruin your esteem.its not shameful

thinking somethings wrong with you is the most damaging thing you can do to yourself.wether hair or bald or whatever your good enough as your are,looking good is for you not anyone else.so dont believe your own hype and take yourself seriously and live life.look your best but hey if someone knows you have fake hair so the F what.it aint about THEM,its your life and you be happy with you,be comfortable in your skin and everyone around will be,self consciousness is an energy people feel.they examine you to see whats wrong,be confident that your fine anyway you choose.hair is just a bow on a package.its not who you are its just a decoration.own it.