Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone who wears please chime in.
06-06-2012, 08:50 AM,
RE: Everyone who wears please chime in.
@Hairenough.

Thanks for your support. Its my fault really, if I didn't want to contribute, I should have said nothing!
But...more importantly.....YOU BOUGHT AUTOGLYM!!
You're the only person I know whose actually taken up my suggestion.
Its pretty good isn't it?
I ran out the other day and tried to use 91% alcohol.
It was RUBBISH in comparison to tar remover!

I'm really pleased you tried it!
Have you got yourself a micofibre cloth? The two combined are BRILLIANT!
06-06-2012, 09:08 AM,
Hi Hersute,

Yes it is THE STUFF! It works wonders on lace. After half an hour of soaking in it I can't find any glue left on there at all. Then it's just a simple case of washing and rinsing a few times with dish soap in the shower and the unit is squeaky clean. I am getting about 8 soaks out of a bottle so it only works out about 2 dollars per week for the Autoglym. A great discovery, so thanks for the tip. If you can get your hands on some Goo Gone Gel it is fantastic for scalp clean up. It melts the ORWG in a minute or two and then I rub some dish soap in and rinse a few times. I repeat this about 3 times and I'm done. Meanwhile the unit is happily soaking in the Autoglym doing its thing. Clean up day is not such a stress anymore thanks to this routine. I'm into the baathroom and out again styled to go in 90 minutes and everything goes like clockwork.

I don't have a need for a microfibre cloth yet but I did try one ages ago on my scalp and found it to be not very useful.
06-06-2012, 09:14 AM,
When I'm doing a front hairine touch-up, I use a bit of alcohol on the microfibre cloth and it just rubs off all the soft glue from the lace. It sort of 'gathers' it up, rather than pushing it through the lace into the hair.

But hey, you bought the Autoglym!
One out of two recommendations succeeding is good enough for me!
06-20-2012, 01:31 AM,
Hairenough, can you tell what's your density, exact hair length, age group and how long does one piece last for you?
06-20-2012, 01:43 AM,
Are you conducting a survey Val?
Also, a 'please' or a 'thank you' is often appreciated.
06-20-2012, 01:49 AM,
'Please' is implied by 'can you' and 'thank you' follows the answer, not precedes it.
Seems like you enjoy replying in this thread without contributing anything constructive.

To the list of my 'survey' questions I should add
"Is it a topper or other type unit?"

I ask this because I am in a very similar life situation as Hairenough and his example put the whole wearing concept in a new light for me.
06-20-2012, 03:32 AM,
Val - I am sure Hersute is just joking with you.

I will answer your survey questions:

Density: 65-70%
Type: Topper
Exact hair length at the time of writing: sides 33mm, back 33mm, crown and top 33mm, front 39-42mm. Back and sides will be slightly longer tomorrow, approx 33.5mm.
Age group: 25-30
Piece longevity: 3-4 months
06-20-2012, 05:05 AM,
Val, you're SO right about me..... uncannily perceptive....Its as if you're strumming my pain with your fingers.....singing my life with your words........

I'm a time waster & a troll., but a polite troll.....with manners.

'can you' means "are you able to'

But lets not split Hairenough's hairs until the end of the week when they may reach 34.5mm.

PS. @Hairenough...next question may be "Have you ever considered a time-share in Florida?" "Who is your current internet provider?" "Congratulations! You're the 719654 person to answer our survey! Click here to win an iPad"
06-20-2012, 05:36 AM,
@Hairenough,

Thanks, that is very exhaustive. I am virtually in my situation, with regards to all aspects, which is the reason for my detailed questions. And here is few more:

What climate do you live in (temperature, humidity and sun-wise)?
I take it you sleep, shower and do everything with the piece, de-attaching it only immediately before reattachment?
What's your hair colour?
Have you posted any piece photos here?

And as for Hersute, if he was joking, he has a mean way of being jovial.
06-20-2012, 05:51 AM,
I currently wear a topper think about going to a full cap due to my thinning sides. Current density of my topper is 65%. Color number is 20. Hope that help the one who want us to chime in.