Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coloring your piece
08-13-2009, 09:25 AM,
Coloring your piece
Im new to the board and have been reading that alot of you have problems with your pieces fading so quicky or turning orange,, alot of u solve this problem temporarily buy using store bought hair dye,, this is a problem because each time u color it you increase the porosity , which then leads to more fading, there are products out there called glosses,, they do not make the hair any more porous, u can use glosses to deepen and correct red undertones and just to shine the piece up so it doesnt look dull, Redken makea a green based glosses that kick out red tones very well ,,also artec shampoo and conditioners are great for adding a little color each time u shampoo, they have a shamppoo and conditioner called coco bean that reduses resdich tints in brown,, I am salon owner and stylist in nyc with 15 yrs in color experience and soon will be trying my first TL piece after years of buzzin my head ,, wish me luck lookin 4ward to see what its like
08-13-2009, 11:11 AM,
Re: Coloring your piece
It's much easier to color your own hair to match the hp. At least in my experience.
08-13-2009, 05:26 PM,
What is the actual name of the Redkin product that has the green in it that knocks out the red.. i have to use temporary hair coloring because i am allergic to regular dyes.. and have a terrible problems with reds and even purples showing up when I am outside in the sun... its pretty embarassing since the hp itself doesnt have these rainbows..lol
08-15-2009, 09:42 PM,
Hi fauxhawk,

I color my piece without problems. I order my piece blonde and then I dye it med-brown. It works well and it doesn't fade that much..