Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All swiss or swiss hairline plus other??
05-21-2012, 09:29 PM,
RE: All swiss or swiss hairline plus other??
There`s advantages and disadvantages with different base-materials. I`ve worn all-poly [skin] but that was a few years back and it was much `heavier`than the more modern thin-skin materials...but still, to my mind, it`s like a layer of polythene and is `clammy`on your own skin...sweat etc., gets trapped under it... also, in terms of removal, it`s impermeable so has to be removed by peeling it off from front or back, whereas with lace, you just use a few darts of lace-release down through the lace onto the bond and it`ll pop off much faster....lace is far more breathable for your scalp and you can let water at it [shower] so a large part of the scalp can be kept fresher while wearing --just the perimeter-bonded area will be imprevious to water. All-Swiss lace is fine.... it`s not quite as robust as French lace, but nothing majorly to worry about. I`d advie you to go for a regular time-frame for doing your de/re ... it can head off problems.... if possible, leave the thing off your head overnight when you take it off, to allow your skin to `breath`/dry .....many of the glues/tapes , if left on too long --especially in humid weather--- can be fine [strong] one day, and literally go unstable/gooey/messy overnight and give you a major clean-up job..... I know many guys go for 2 - 3 week bonds.... I`ve done it with all-poly and it can often lead to scalp problems with itchiness/irritation and possible infections setting in...keeping to a regular cleaning routine will avoid such hygiene issues.... I`d go for a weekly schedule and you`ll steer clear of such problems--that`s just my take on it and again, this can very much be determined by your own individual body/ physiology and how you `react`to different bonding products etc. Cheers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All swiss or swiss hairline plus other?? - Paul In Ireland - 05-21-2012, 09:29 PM