Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Post.Some questions to the veterans.Pics!
05-18-2012, 06:55 AM,
First Post.Some questions to the veterans.Pics!
Hello everyone, new poster but have been a long time lurker here.

First of all I wanna thank everyone in this forum for the wealth of info and knowledge they provide.I have a question/concern and would appreciate your honest input.

I have a custome piece that i've ordered from TL.It's a SFS 1B with 65-70% density.My question/concern is: shouldn't the lace be transparent especially a super fine swiss lace?? I ask this because the base is not transparent at all,instead it has a light brownish/tan tinge.

I have yet to wear the system and haven't done anything to it other than shampooing it a couple of times with EverPure.
I have attached a couple of pics to illustrate what i mean.

So my questions to you are:

1) Is this normal??!
2) Is there anything I can do to brighten the lace?

Thank You!

Attached Files Image(s)

05-18-2012, 09:40 AM,
RE: First Post.Some questions to the veterans.Pics!
Anybody please??!
05-18-2012, 10:10 AM,
I guess the dye could have coloured the lace, maybe a dye remover could work Paul might know, if not try contacting toplace.
05-18-2012, 11:00 AM,
That's what i thought too.Any recommendation on a dye remover??! Is there a risk of damaging the system?
05-18-2012, 01:23 PM,
I believe when u get it cut in and attached the lace will be invisible. Mine is
05-18-2012, 04:34 PM,
So is this how the SFS normally looks like??!

A bit confused as to Why my unit doesn't look like the lace in this pic?

Attached Files Image(s)

05-18-2012, 07:05 PM,
Hi NYCguy....the lace always has that slight tinge to it.. you haven`t worn it yet and sitting on a white polystyrene head-form like that
will exaggerate things.. once it`s sitting on your head, it takes on the tone of the skin underneath it. I assume you`ve just lightly shampooed
it to remove factory-residues...don`t over-do the shampooing..dryness is the main enemy of system hair and frequent shampooing will
make it worse...just spritz regularly with water and use a good leave-in conditioner a few times a week. I`m always ranting-on about
``PPI Enhance`` conditoner [Google it for suppliers] ... I only use that, and occasionally, a little Brylcreem [original]... about a week`s wear,
apply knot-sealer to the underside of the base to seal /`lock`your knots in place...helps prevent shedding...apply very sparingly..don`t `wet`the
base with it..just barely dab at the knots with a cotton-pad moistened with sealer. No lace is `White`as that last pic appears to show....there
is always a brownish hue to it...once it`s bonded onto your head, it`ll be fine.
p.s. a fabric dye-remover won`t damage the system if you want to try it..guys sometimes use it on the knots to remove dye if/when they decide they want to extra- bleach
them. All lace systems I ever got had that brown-ish hue and always blended in invisibly for me.
05-18-2012, 11:10 PM,
Really I recieved a small partial and the lace wasnt that colour..it was white....recieved a second one and it was yellow and didnt blend in with my skin at all.
05-19-2012, 06:08 AM,
That's what worries me.I have light skin and i don't see how will the lace disappear into my skin.Have anybody successfully manage to brighten a lace base before??!
05-20-2012, 09:33 AM,
As soon as it's on your noggin it'll disappear. No such thing as totally invisible, but the more you practice the better it will look.
Look at my first pics which I was pleased about, but not over the moon. Look at my last post 2 months later. Now I'm over the moon.

It's work. People shouldn't pretend it's a breeze, but it's the closest thing in the world to getting back a full head of hair.

Learning how to deal with the glue will make all the difference. The lace will sit in it and disappear when you get it right. Took me a month to believe that thin layering the glue, letting it dry and then relayering actually works!
Good luck. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.