Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help needed, im going for it!
05-15-2012, 10:21 AM,
RE: help needed, im going for it!
In order to really help with density we would need to see your side hair - the hair you highlight in the photos is the hair you are shaving off - except for the very front. But I do get a sense that you have an excellent density on the sides so... on first look I would recommend 65% sides and 55%-60% front.

Why so low?

Remember, you need to worry about transition (from no piece to piece) and I am not sure if you posted a pic showing what you look like with concealers.

So my density recommendation is based on you not wanting to walk into work on Monday looking a you swallowed a lion - although your side hair density may support that you will be outted immediately.

The tough part will be color match and getting the right placement/attachment behind the hairline.

If you can make that work and are happy with the results you are a winner.

HOWEVER...

Me being an experienced wearer would possibly opt for the full piece - meaning shaving the front

-OR-

Stick with concealers for a little while longer if all you are going to do is use a piece to cover the area behind your entire front hairline. The area behind your hairline seems to be thick enough for concealers to continue to do a good job.

If you are not happy with your current look with concealers and you are planning to only go with a piece behind the hairline there will not be much of a difference between that and what you have now (with concealers).

Getting everything to line up with a piece is tough as it is when there are 3 sides of natural hair to align to - factor in a 4th side - your front - and you are facing more trail and error.

Good luck!

Messages In This Thread
help needed, im going for it! - Idlewild - 05-15-2012, 08:08 AM
RE: help needed, im going for it! - reubin - 05-15-2012, 10:21 AM