Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer + Hair systems = Sucks
05-14-2012, 11:42 AM,
Summer + Hair systems = Sucks
I am just venting right now.. We all know that wearing hair isn't perfect. Sometimes it works out great, other times its a real pain in the ass. The time when I get sick of wearing a hair system the most is in the summer. As the temperature goes up, wearing a system just starts becoming annoying. It feels hotter, the bonds don't hold up as much.. Sweat makes everything more a pain in the ass. When you can't get your scalp very clean and dry for the first few hours you attach, the glue breaks down a lot faster.

Anyone else feel this way about the summer and wearing?
05-14-2012, 12:36 PM,
RE: Summer + Hair systems = Sucks
Yes. I am starting to realize the weather creates different challenges. Especially in light of the fact that I am a regular runner. I may run more often at an air conditioned indoor track this summer to try and alleviate these issues but damn, I love running outside. But I love wearing also.
05-14-2012, 01:25 PM,
That is the exact reason I stopped wearing, I started during spring and it was great but when summer came I just shaved my head, wearing hair is definitely great but yeah the weather was my main problem, I will start wearing againg but only half of the year when it aint too hot.
05-14-2012, 05:07 PM,
I was thinking about switching to a stronger glue like Ultra Hold during the summer...
05-15-2012, 12:46 AM,
I guess it depends on the base, and how hot it is and how much you sweat. Lots of people work out in theirs so I guess the heat and sweating isnt a problem for some, I excercise everyday but really dont sweat at all, plus I dont live in a place where it gets very hot so i guess it doesnt apply to me. Although I'm not wearing yet my piece is going to lace and its really small (a few cm's).
05-15-2012, 01:14 AM,
I do shorter attachment times in hot weather. I go from every 7 days, to every 5 days. I have no problem really with the tape on the sides and back, but the glue at the hairline breaks down faster. It also allows me to clean my scalp more frequently.
05-15-2012, 07:20 AM,
one of the reasons i prey for a damp squibb uk summer, lol
and i do my hair upstairs,hot air rises,
but its managable,
*more hairline touch ups,long as its not sliding off youre head and the adhesive hasent broken down to jelly to quick,
if youre overweight youre gonna sweat more,
if youre an ideal weight its down to individual body chemistry,
then we get into the lace , poly skin debate,
05-16-2012, 03:08 AM,
Air Conditioning Guys! Get it in your house and summer attachments are no problem.
05-17-2012, 05:00 AM,
Those of you who are outside in the sun long enough for the heat to be a bother (unless you are around the equator and it's hot all the time) should keep in mind excess sun will wrinkle and age your skin faster and promote skin cancer.

I'm still working with my natural hair (barely) and avoid the sun as much as I can. Wearing hair isn't the only good reason to get out of the sun and into the shade and/or air conditioning, if possible.
05-20-2012, 12:26 AM,
try wearing hair and SE Asia where temps are 31-38 degrees celcius with high humidity and you have a problem!