Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New hair piece (Photo)
05-11-2012, 09:51 AM,
New hair piece (Photo)
I just thought I would share my hair piece. I just got it today and cut it myself!

I've been wearing for about 1 yr now. and usually go through them every 4-5 months.

Attached Files Image(s)

05-11-2012, 12:36 PM,
RE: New hair piece (Photo)
Thanks for sharing. Looks great. What kind of system are you wearing - Swiss? French? etc. and density?

Thanks.
05-11-2012, 02:52 PM,
It looks very good at the minute, but you are shortly going to have to think of doing something about your temple area, otherwise you will get the dreaded "pancake sitting on front of head" look, where your hairpiece doesn't look connected to the rest of your hair. Either you will need to move your hairline back to a more receded position, or you will need to add temple flaps to augment your sides.

It looks very good at the minute, but you are shortly going to have to think of doing something about your temple area, otherwise you will get the dreaded "pancake sitting on front of head" look, where your hairpiece doesn't look connected to the rest of your hair. Either you will need to move your hairline back to a more receded position, or you will need to add temple flaps to augment your sides.
05-11-2012, 08:28 PM,
I read people talking about temple areas all the time can someone post a pic of the whole temple area they mean.

thanks.
05-11-2012, 11:20 PM,
Temple area pic

Attached Files Image(s)

05-12-2012, 03:08 PM,
Temple Areas are something only hair wearers obsess about. No normal people even notice them......For real.
05-12-2012, 09:30 PM,
Thanks, I thought that was the area, thankfully I have all that area still with hair.

cheers.
05-13-2012, 04:27 AM,
Temple Areas are something only hair wearers obsess about. No normal people even notice them......For real.

What he said. No one will see someone on the street and think, "dang, those temple points are looking thin". I had never even heard the term temple points nor had I ever been conscious of such a thing, until I started reading these boards. Just paranoia in my opinion.
05-13-2012, 05:21 PM,
I don't think people are conscious of temple points when looking at someone who has them and in turn I don't think people are aware when someone is bald and doesn't have them.

But I think the issue here is that when a person has a full head of hair on top and a lack of temple point hair it can cause people to subconsciously think that something is "off" or "not right".

Just my two cents.
05-13-2012, 07:37 PM,
@Porcupine

I think you're 100% right and have hit the nail on the head, or on the wig at least!